Solids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solids

Can you tell me the difference in Bella Solids and Kona Solids?

Re: Solids

I'm a fabric novice, so I don't know if there is a difference. I've used Both and can't tell the difference. But let's see what some of the others have to say.. OK?
    Judy

Click HERE to find me and My imagination
    :icon_wave:

Comment

The manufacturer???
      Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
      it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

They are from different manufacturers, but quality wise I think they are pretty much the same. Sometimes I think Bella is a little bit softer or a smoother finish, but I use both. Their colors are not the same, they might have the same color name, but the color is different so they can't be substituted for one another in mid-stream.
        K is for Karen 😊​..................
        Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
        T - is it TRUE?
        H - is it HELPFUL?
        I - is it INSPIRING?
        N - is it NECESSARY?
        K - is it KIND?

Comment

If you are referring to Moda Bella fabrics, they are very nice quilt shop quality. They have a smoother feel and they're nice to work with. They're usually a little more expensive but not by much. I prefer this brand.

The RK Kona cottons are nice but I do not use the black except in pre-cuts from MSQ*, as it always seems to fray badly and I don't want to see those black threads through my quilts. The pre-cuts in black don't seem to have the same fraying problem because the fabrics are pinked. I've used many of the Kona cotton solids. There's a nice selection of colors and readily available at most stores and a bit cheaper. They are both nice fabrics for solids with a wide range of colors.

Comment

I've used Moda Bella (multiple colors) and RK Kona black together in a few quilts. For some reason, that Kona black frays and frays. I don't know if it's just the black or if all Konas fray like that.

This is slightly off topic.... After 3 quilts, I've realized that I prefer Moda's "Marble" line for solids (or fabrics that read as solids) over the Bella and Kona. The Marbles are more vibrant and not as flat as the solids.

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

One of the ladies did a detailed post about each one and the color of each of the whites as each one has it's own shade of white. I'm sorry that I don't remember her name off the top of my head at this hour but her advice has been a huge help when I have been picking out what white to use. And in person, there is a big difference of which white looks better with various fabrics - not that one is better than the other but the color scheme looks better.

The store carries a wide variety of solids on the bolt colors that are in the store by shade. Personally, I just picked the shade that I needed and could not tell a huge difference in feel of the fabric.

Comment

Working...
                X