Best books using Scraps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best books using Scraps

What's you favourite book for using up scraps - let's face it we all have them

Re: Best books using Scraps

Sorry I can't help as I have no books for scraps. I just have jelly roll books and some magazines. Someone will be along soon who can help.

Marion

Comment

I don't have a favorite Book for scrappy quilts, but I do have a favorite designer - see Bonnie Hunter at Quiltville She has a whole tab for free patterns. I've made one or two, or more than that, and have plans for a whole bunch more.
      Kathy Crofoot
      http://kathyscache.blogspot.com

Comment

My favorite book for scraps is "Sunday Morning Quilts". They give patterns & projects for all kinds & sizes of scraps.
        They also have a great section on organizing your stash.
        They other book I really like is "Scrap Therapy", more ideas to make your scraps useful, instead of just piling up. There are a lot of projects here too.
        I've made several quilts based on their patterns & ideas. They were simple & both books give clear, easy to understand instructions & pictures.
        Have fun
        May the road rise up to meet you...
        May the wind be always at your back...
        May you be in Heaven a half hour before the Devil knows you're dead...
        Patt :icon_wave:

Comment

I have several of those. I was just looking at Gwen Marston's Liberated Medallion Quilts and it is very scrappy. She arranges rows of pieced borders around a center that can be cut from a panel or a large print, etc. Then she pieces different blocks radiating out. Or the center is a scrappy star, basket, etc. Love that book. She has other books such as Liberated Quiltmaking I and II. Fons and Porters has a good one also, do not have it close by at the moment. I also love Bonnie Hunter quilts and you can browse her website for lots of ideas. Have not bought one of her books, though. Have fun looking. If you go to Amazon, you can see pages from lots of scrap quilt books and decide on which one fits your style. Oh, and I love Kim Diehl's quilts. You can even get some free printouts of some of her patterns...such as Hearthside Seasons. Go to the Henry Glass Co. website and you can find a free copy of that one. Enjoy!!

Brenda in Alabama
          Last edited by Quiltlover; February 28, 2014, 08:38 AM.

Comment

Check out this one.....I think you will be happy!

ScrapTherapy® Cut the Scraps!: 7 Steps to Quilting Your Way through Your Stash: Joan Ford: 9781600853333: Amazon.com: Books
            pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

Just got a copy of Scrap Therapy--Cut The Scraps by Joan Ford. Great organizing tips, patterns for quilts, table runners, pillows, totes and more. It was recommended by Pat Sloan on her blog.

Comment

Originally posted by Pwdmom View Post
                Just got a copy of Scrap Therapy--Cut The Scraps by Joan Ford. Great organizing tips, patterns for quilts, table runners, pillows, totes and more. It was recommended by Pat Sloan on her blog.
                That's one of my favorites. I spent a few hours over the course of several days cutting scraps that I just couldn't part with into 2" & 31/2". & 5" squares. She has a bunch of projects to use them on & those inspired me to come up with more ideas.
                There are tons of blocks that you can use these on, if you look around. And we know Jenny has many tutorials that use charms.
                May the road rise up to meet you...
                May the wind be always at your back...
                May you be in Heaven a half hour before the Devil knows you're dead...
                Patt :icon_wave:

Comment

Thanks for all those wonderful suggestions. Scrap Therapy seems to be a winner but I'm going to check through all of them - very tempting. So much to do - so little time!!

Comment

Kim Brackett has some great books out too. I have a couple of them that I really like. Scrap Basket Surprises is one of them.

Comment

I second the Kim Brackett books. I have Scrap basket Sensations and love it. Just bought Scrap Basket Surprises so haven't tried any of those yet. Tey are geared toward 2-1/2" trips. bonnie Hunter's Quiltville site has tons of scrap friendly patterns. I have a "problem" when it comes to collecting books and patterns. They're hard to resist!

Comment

Working...
                      X