Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

wall hanging

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    wall hanging

    I just ordered this pattern to make for my BIL. Has anyone made anything like this and do you have any tips for me. It is all fusible web, so hoping other than gathering fabrics, and God knows I have plenty of that, the pattern will not be too confusing.
    Metolius River Landscape Quilt Kit by June Jaeger
    Dolores :lol::icon_heh:

    #2
    Re: wall hanging

    I bought a kit (not as intence as this one!) and it was numberd. It has you start at the top and work down in layers. Cyndi makes landscapes, hope she comes along. That's going to be beautiful!
    🌺 Lorie

    Comment


      #3
      Re: wall hanging

      My second ever quilt was a gigantic one by McKenna Ryan. It is best to buy the kit that contains the fabrics used in the original quilt......no matter how many rooms you have that are full to the brim with fabric, they are never just right.

      Comment


        #4
        Re: wall hanging

        If you've never worked with fusibles before I would suggest starting with something with less pieces to get the hang of it. Large projects with so many little parts can be intimidating. There is a great tutorial on Crafty which is a great class for an introduction to using fusibles.

        Comment


          #5
          Re: wall hanging

          I bought Jean Wells 2013 paper pieced pattern featuring the Metolius River. That will take me a while to finish. Love these designs, but I have yet to do one.

          Comment


            #6
            Re: wall hanging

            I bought one at the National Quilt show in Cincinnati a couple of years ago. It is an eagle in flight...it is still in the package...and I also bought the fabric that they recommended...I'm a little intimidated since I've never done one...some day I will get it out and do it.
            LIVE well, LAUGH often, LOVE much

            Hugs, Pat

            Comment


              #7
              Re: wall hanging

              This is the pattern I have. Your post reminded me that I have it in my library of patterns! I need to get it out on the agenda.

              image.jpg

              Comment


                #8
                Re: wall hanging

                Originally posted by Jean Sewing Machine View Post
                This is the pattern I have. Your post reminded me that I have it in my library of patterns! I need to get it out on the agenda.

                [ATTACH=CONFIG]69640[/ATTACH]
                That looks like one I saw while looking for this one. It was one big fish across and then several up the wall hanging. Can't find the pic now
                found it http://sewingsupplywarehouse.com/metolius.html
                Last edited by Doloris; February 27, 2014, 05:37 PM.
                Dolores :lol::icon_heh:

                Comment


                  #9
                  Re: wall hanging

                  Originally posted by Jean Sewing Machine View Post
                  This is the pattern I have. Your post reminded me that I have it in my library of patterns! I need to get it out on the agenda.

                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]69640[/ATTACH]
                  Oh my gosh how weird. I was at my shop today to look at some fabric for my dd and then was looking at some patterns. I mentioned oh how cool is this pattern and she said it's in the front window. It's so close. I bought a couple of patterns so I think I can track it down. I was ((this)) close to getting it.
                  🌺 Lorie

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Re: wall hanging

                    Here it is. I guess not as close. Pretty though.

                    Molokini Bay Bargello Ocean Fish Quilt Pattern Quilting Time | eBay
                    🌺 Lorie

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Re: wall hanging

                      Originally posted by Hulamoon View Post
                      Here it is. I guess not as close. Pretty though.

                      Molokini Bay Bargello Ocean Fish Quilt Pattern Quilting Time | eBay
                      similar in colors and looks a lot like it
                      Dolores :lol::icon_heh:

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Re: wall hanging

                        The salmon pieced wall hanging was designed by Jean Wells, owner of The Stitchin' Post quilt shop in Sisters, OR. It was designed as the signature quilt pattern for the 2013 Sisters Outdoor Quilt Show. They hold it every summer on the second Saturday of July. I've attended the past two years and hope to go back this year. My sister lives in Oregon, and has a weekend place just outside of Sisters. This is their view from their place--terrible scenery, don't you think?
                        image.jpg

                        http://www.stitchinpost.com/
                        Last edited by Jean Sewing Machine; February 27, 2014, 06:48 PM.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Re: wall hanging

                          I found the pattern at their shop, and then saw that shipping was $6. Almost didn't order, but noticed a note that said most single patterns were shipped free or at reduced rates. Called them on the phone to ask if this one was free or reduced. She said free, so I ordered it right away. They were VERY nice over the phone. Oregon is probably not a place I will ever visit, but I have heard lots about the Sisters quilt show. Sounds like it would be a great place to visit.
                          Didn't know Jean Wells was the owner.
                          Dolores :lol::icon_heh:

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Re: wall hanging

                            Originally posted by Doloris View Post
                            I found the pattern at their shop, and then saw that shipping was $6. Almost didn't order, but noticed a note that said most single patterns were shipped free or at reduced rates. Called them on the phone to ask if this one was free or reduced. She said free, so I ordered it right away. They were VERY nice over the phone. Oregon is probably not a place I will ever visit, but I have heard lots about the Sisters quilt show. Sounds like it would be a great place to visit.
                            Didn't know Jean Wells was the owner.
                            Yes, and her daughter Valori Wells, designer for Free Spirit, is co owner.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X