Anyone Recognize This?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone Recognize This?

I had a random girl contact me wanting a custom quilt. All she had was a picture of what she wanted, and she said she just found it online, not sure where. Does anyone recognize this? I'm hoping it's a pattern, but if not, maybe you fabulous quilters could help me figure it out? I'm debating if it's just large color-blocs sewn together and then the triangles (flying geese?) appliqued on? My downfall as a quilter is I'm no good at making up my own patterns, but I'm great at copying other more creative people
    1012087_614855178586496_751768832_n.jpg

Re: Anyone Recognize This?

I see triangles so I don't think it would be an applique. It's fun and modern so I'm guessing she found it on Etsy.

I actually meant Pinterest.
    Last edited by Hulamoon; February 26, 2014, 02:24 PM.
    🌺 Lorie

Comment

That first chevron, with the circle print, you can see the seams. They are made with Half Square Triangles, just like Jenny's chevron pattern. You would just have to figure out where to cut the upper ones to allow the backing stripe to come partway into the top of the chevron.
      Last edited by K. McEuen; February 26, 2014, 02:25 PM.
      K is for Karen 😊​..................
      Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
      T - is it TRUE?
      H - is it HELPFUL?
      I - is it INSPIRING?
      N - is it NECESSARY?
      K - is it KIND?

Comment

I'm almost 100% sure I saw that on Pinterest and actually pinned it to my quilt board. What I don't know is if it linked to a tutorial or was just a picture but I'd be willing to check it out when I get home. For some reason I remember that as actually being the back of the quilt - but I could be wrong.

Pinterest is blocked here at work. Guess the word it out that people can spend countless hours perusing and pinning. Hope they never find out about this place!!
        Vicki
        Is a Nine Patch part of a 12-Step program? :icon_beuj:

Comment

I typed in arrow quilt and there is the shape
          Pinterest-The Visual Discovery Tool
          🌺 Lorie

Comment

It looks like a chevron panel sewn into solid panels to me.
            *~* Myrna *~*
            *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Comment

If it was me, I would make two flying geese in reverse colors and stack them and not worry about that little wedge. Then the rest would be easy to figure out.
              Vonnie

Comment

Quilting: A Labor of Love | Jordana Paige Blog

OK I did see it on Pinterest, here is the website that linked from the picture. Don't know if she goes into detail or not on how she did it. Hope this helps.
                Vicki

Comment

OK I did see it on Pinterest, here is the website that linked from the picture. Don't know if she goes into detail or not on how she did it. Hope this helps.
                  Vicki

Comment

Originally posted by VickiJ View Post

looks like a couple people asked her about a pattern and she never answered them. Looks easy EXCEPT for getting those that overlap 2 colors
                    Dolores :lol::icon_heh:

Comment

I see that they used something called triangles on a roll. If you go to the world wide web, they have the product and show you how to make that braid. Interesting!

Comment

Ok. Has anyone worked out how she did the triangles that overlap into the next colour. It's driving me mad trying to work it out. Doesn't look appliqued ........ or does it?

Comment

I'm totally stumped by this one. Where I expect to see seams there appear to be none. For example, where are the seams that should be visible between the chevrons? If it was appliquéd seems like the chevrons wouldn't have been pieced unless the quilter is trying to trick us into believing it's all pieced together.

Maybe it's really appliquéd but the quilter used some charms and had to piece some of them together.
                          Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Comment

I'm beginning to think that the tips on the overlapping flying goose are appliqued down, and the rest of it is pieced. There is no seam on the goose tips where they overlap.
                            Dolores :lol::icon_heh:

Comment

it's those darn tips that have me stumped as well - lol -
                              I don't know if it will actually happen. I told the gal upfront that it would cost her at least $150-$200 and she hasn't responded back except to ask why it was so much. $10 a yard of fabric times at least 6-8 yards needed, plus batting, etc. So, we'll see. People think I'm crazy when I tell them how much a handmade quilt is. I don't know how anyone makes a living selling quilts

Comment

Working...
                              X