I need a nine-patch block pattern with the name family, home or love in it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need a nine-patch block pattern with the name family, home or love in it

This might seem like a weird request, but I'm making a Round Robin kind of quilt with a group of quilters at one of my quilt guilds. I have to make a row of quilt blocks that are 6" square that have to do with family and home. That's the theme of the next row I have to make. Any 9-patch block will do. Any links or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
    Cyndi

“Have courage for the great sorrows of life and patience for the small ones; and when you have laboriously accomplished your daily task, go to sleep in peace. God is awake.” - Victor Hugo

Re: I need a nine-patch block pattern with the name family, home or love in it

Wow that sounds like a hard one to pin down. I would be sitting at the puter all day for that! lol

I'm doing this d9p quilt right now. Probably won't help you
    Scrappy Disappearing 9-Patch Tutorial
    🌺 Lorie

Comment

The quilter I'm making this row for lives in a cabin in the woods near a lake. I found a cute pine tree pattern that's just the exact right size! I'm pretty happy about it. The row is due in a month and I'm going to start it TOMORROW! You just see if I don't! Quilters never procrastinate, right?

I might need you all for next month's row, so don't go too far away, okay?
      Last edited by cyndiofthevortex; February 26, 2014, 01:10 PM.
      Cyndi

“Have courage for the great sorrows of life and patience for the small ones; and when you have laboriously accomplished your daily task, go to sleep in peace. God is awake.” - Victor Hugo

Comment

To bad it has to be nine-patch because a Log Cabin block would be perfect.
        Vonnie

Comment

Originally posted by Vonnie View Post
          To bad it has to be nine-patch because a Log Cabin block would be perfect.
          If I could figure out how to make it fit a 6" block I could make it. That would look nice between some tree blocks. Thanks for the idea!
          Cyndi

Comment

https://www.google.com/search?q=six+...w=1280&bih=598

Cyndi, there are lots of 6 inch log cabins here . . . have fun!!
            Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
            it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

This would be easy to scale down to 6" from 12" Tulip Lady Fingers
              or Baby Bud
              or Cat's Cradle

The rest are 6" blocks

Rolling Stone

VOS_Go Along # 2

Farm Friendliness

Cathy's Campfire
              Vonnie

Comment

Ahh now I get it. duh I didn't get the nine patch and six inches at first.
                🌺 Lorie

Comment

Working...
                X