What to use for border??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What to use for border??

I started this for Linus Project, but I have no idea what to border it with. I have more of the white, and I found some yellow but I'm not sure I want to border in more polka dots.

Any suggestions?

Thanks very much.

Rose

Linus chevron.jpg

Re: What to use for border??

What about picking one of the colors in a solid? I'm an orange person so that's the one I go with.

Comment

I would take the top to a fabric store and see what solids they have that will match the quilt.

BTW - that quilt is really cute - some little girl will love to get it.
      Vonnie

Comment

I am a purple person so I would go with the purple! The top is adorable! Someone will love this.
        sigpic:icon_hug: Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
        Time spent with cats is never wasted.
        Sigmund Freud

Comment

I recently made a similarly colored quilt for my GD. I bordered it with solid purple and I used a polka dot blue for the backing. It turned out cute. Your quilt is very nice.
          Judy

Comment

That is soooo cute! Since it's a girly quilt I would go purple.
            🌺 Lorie

Comment

purple IMHO
              :icon_wave::icon_woohoo:Kellie:icon_hi:

Comment

Cute quilt! The orange and purple colors are what stood out to me.........I agree with the others........a solid in one of the colors from the quilt. You could also use several colors & piece the border.........I've seen that done & it was cute.
                "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
                Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

I'm with Iris and all the other purple lovers. That said, you may decide to use up what you already have! Even white would work. It's a real happy quilt and will please the lucky recipient no matter what.

Comment

I love the quilt. The colors are gorgeous. I would go with either a solid purple, orange, Aqua, or green. Bu I am like everyone else I too am a purple or orange person. But they would all look good.

Comment

Unless you need to make it larger I would just add binding in one of the solid colors, no border. If you want to use up the rest of your fabric you could do a pieced back. I made my chevron with no border and I liked it that way but it is already beautiful so I'm sure whatever you decide will look great!
                      Vernona:icon_hi:

Comment

Thank you all so much!
                        I too am a HUGE purple fan. I do need it just a little larger perhaps a purple then the white and use the yellow for binding.
                        Time to go searching for backing.
                        Thanks again everyone.

Comment

I would bind it in a solid and do a matching polka dot for backing.

Comment

Just so I'm clear - did the "purple people" win this vote? Because I would like my purple vote counted and then I'd like to vote again just in case it's close.

Seriously though - that is a beautiful quilt - I hope you post another pic when the PURPLE borders are on. Or whatever color you chose that's not purple, but should be.
                            Vicki
                            Is a Nine Patch part of a 12-Step program? :icon_beuj:

Comment

I have to agree with purple....or maybe the green. My favorite choice would be a small multi stripe and then a purple binding.

Comment

Working...
                              X