Stipple again?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stipple again?!

Am ready to start quilting my latest project. I've only ever done "stipple" quilting on my home machine, which I like because it hides a lot and this quilt has many seams, many goofs!! But, this quilt is at the outer limits of being manageable on my machine and stippling takes a long time. Given the pattern, does anyone have advice on a way to quilt instead of my usual stippling? I do have a walking foot, that I haven't tried yet. Of course, this is a black quilt. No hiding anything with this one! Thanks for any help..
    Attached Files

Re: Stipple again?!

How about loopy doopy swirls which I learned from a Leah Day video. It has been a while since I watched it and I don't have a link but you could probably go to you tube and find it with a search. I do not do it tiny like she does but I like bigger spaced quilting so I can get through it. LOL
    Another one I liked recently was called paisley I think, a upward oval shape, then a bigger one, a bigger one, then on to another oval, repeat. That was also something I saw on Leah Day's site. Good luck!

Comment

For Leah Day you can just go to her website and she has over 400 videos of her fmq designs on there. Through youtube as well, but they are easier to find on her site.
      Karen
      Life is short - Live everyday to the fullest

Comment

You can FMQ around the star points, both inside & outside, etc. You could do loop-d-loop or stippling in the black areas. I was going to send a pic, but can't locate it quickly. It's a beautiful quilt. JCY

Comment

Since you have a walking foot, straight stitching one inch apart. The end result is really nice. Looks quite professional.

sigpic
          Marci

Comment

I love my quilts with lots of quilting and stippling is my favorite design because when the quilt is washed it get such pretty dimples!
            sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Thank you all for the help! I think I just have to go for it! Maybe loop-d-loop if I can get the bulk under control. I agree about straight lines always looking professional. Have a few baby quilts in my queue so I might try my walking foot on a smaller project first.

Comment

I don't know about the quilting, but the quilt is lovely. Can't wait to see it finished.

Comment

Very pretty. I love star blocks, and quilts. Loop de loop would be very nice. Not hard to do either.
                  Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
                  sigpic

Comment

Beautiful quilt. Great job. I love star quilts

Comment

I can see the quilt is a beauty and it will look even better if that is possible once you quilt it. I'm not sure what stippling (sp?) is. But many of the patterns that were discussed will look great.

Comment

Working...
                      X