Pins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pins

What kind of pins do you use? I bought pins from my LQS and I don't know what brand, etc. The ones I bought had blue and yellow glass heads, and were very fine. I have recently moved to another state so I can't go back and buy more. There are no quilt shops in my area, so I will have to buy online. Thanks so much.

Re: Pins

I have all kinds of pins, and I find I prefer those glass head pins the most. They are very fine and when pinning intersections they don't distort the match. only downside is they bend easily.
    Dolores :lol::icon_heh:

Comment

I use the flat head pins. Also they are very thin. I don't care for the round head pins, though I still use them when push comes to shove. I got my flat heads at at hancocks.
      Peggy:icon_hug:

Comment

I have flat headed pins with butterfly for the head part. They so what I need them to.

You can get glass headed pins online at MSQC. I think I saw Clover and Dritz.

Comment

I like the flat head pins, too. They're thinner and longer. I got mine from M*QC.
          My friends call me Peggy
          The government calls me Mary Margaret

Proverbs 13:22 A good person leaves an inheritance for their children’s children.

Comment

I have some of the flat head and the glass head pins. And I agree the glass head ins do bend easily, but they are thin and sharp. I find the other brands have quite a few dull pins in the packages that I have purchased. MSQC does have the glass pins.
            Vicki C:icon_hi:

Comment

I prefer the flathead pins with the butterfly heads on the long arm. In addition to pinning the quilt to the leaders, I also use them to pin the sides together. They bend as you roll the quilt on a long arm and then straighten out again when you remove them.

Comment

I have all sorts of pins, but lately started using the double prong pins. I really tend to like them a lot.

Comment

Amazon has extra fine pins and silk pins.

Heres one

Amazon.com: Dritz Quilting Extra Fine Glass Head Pins , 250 Count: Arts, Crafts & Sewing
                  SandyWhite
                  Ocala, Florida
                  http://handpiecing.blogspot.com

Comment

I also use the flat head pins. I like those best . The glass head pins bend to easy.
                    sigpic:icon_hug: Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
                    Time spent with cats is never wasted.
                    Sigmund Freud

Comment

I use the flat head pins.

Comment

You guys are all so spoiled!!! LOL!!! Back in the day, the only pins we had were small (about 3/4 inch long) straight pins that had a tiny tiny tiny little head on them! They weren't even long enough to bend! No color heads, just this thin, tiny little pin, very easy to "loose" in a print fabric cause they were hard to find sometimes! Yes, these cool flat heads and longer pins and stronger pins and colored heads ....boy have they made sewing so much easier! My preference tho is just in length... I use 1,1/2 pins in length and they just have the plastic colored ball head on them. I have found the longer pins are great for quilting but the 1 inch pins are good for what I call "Interior" sewing...applique, securing smaller areas and usually just for pinning a seam to sew straight.
                        Cheri

www.fabricandmemories.blogspot.com

Comment

Which of the flat head pins won't melt if you iron over them? I don't keep a separate pin dish for garment or craft sewing. I had some that looked like buttons and the heads either melted or broke off. I use the glass head now.
                          I do iron over pins when putting up a hem or flattening a facing, etc. Even though the pin head was not touching the iron, it melted.

Comment

I use the flat head pins. I like them because they are long and thin and I can find the head more easily.
                            It's all fun and games until the bobbin runs out.

Comment

I like the flower head pins. They are long enough to be effective and are easy to remove at the last moment.
                              Connie

Our lives are like quilts – bits and pieces, joy and sorrow, stitched with love.

Comment

Working...
                              X