matching solids to print fabric lines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

matching solids to print fabric lines

Does anyone know of a website where I can see or get solids to match the print fabric lines I buy? I bought 3 yards of Kona cotton in Seafoam, presumably for a new Moda fabric line and now I can't remember what i bought it for! Help, please!
    Last edited by precut princess; February 23, 2014, 02:56 PM.

Re: matching solids to print fabric lines

I bet you bought it for Basic Gray, but I'm just guessing!
    pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

I have used the design wall on fabric.com but I don't know of anything else. My lqs is small and I like to buy online but it is really hard trying to figure out the colors if you want to match a solid to a jelly roll or layer cake. Anybody else have ideas? It sure would be nice if the designers gave us suggestions but I doubt that will happen.
      Vernona:icon_hi:

Comment

Sometimes a website called Pink Chalk Fabrics has a "what goes with what?" area that might be helpful. Although this is not the best idea, I sometimes copy, cut, and paste into a word document and look at the fabrics I pasted together.

Good luck.

Comment

Check out M*'s blog and search for Precut Tuesday (or click here). They match a few solids to a fabric line. I love looking at what they coordinate. It's one of my favorite blogs.

Comment

I don't trust my monitor to give good color comparisons. Especially if it looks different depending on which website you go to.

Purple variations will trip you up! Some have more blue and some have more red - makes it really hard to match. Sometimes I just take a square of fabric to one of the local stores and try that way. Then you have to worry about fading. After it's washed a few times, will it still match?
            Vonnie

Comment

I did not realize MSQC did this. Very helpful post.
              Originally posted by snippet View Post
              Check out M*'s blog and search for Precut Tuesday (or click here). They match a few solids to a fabric line. I love looking at what they coordinate. It's one of my favorite blogs.

Comment

Hawthorne threads.com has helped me match prints to solids and prints to other prints. They are very fast on their shipping which I appreciate.

Comment

I bet if you email MSQC they will help you.
                  "Never stop believing that fighting for what is right is worth it"
                  Hillary Clinton

Comment

Maybe you were looking at precut Tuesdays. That's what I have used in the past.

Comment

Hawthorne Threads are great and have buttons you can click on to find matches. I will ask/email wherever I am shopping at to help me coordinate and they are usually happy to do it!
                      To quilt or not to quilt?.....what a ridiculous question!
                      Check out all things quilty at my blog here: http://www.sassyquilter.com

Comment

Working...
                      X