Triangle Jangles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Triangle Jangles

I started a top for a baby quilt and I am having problems with the triangles. I have only really done triangles by paper piecing so this is something new. If I line up the seams the triangle points don't match or visa versa. I used my EQ7 program and made sure I cut the squares and then triangles from those very carefully.

I personally think I should rip it out and resew it but I'm not sure how I should properly line things up. Any ideas?

Thanks so much.

Re: Triangle Jangles

image.jpg
    If they look like this when you have sewed them together, then you won't lose the points when you sew them to the next row. Ease, using pins to make the seams line up.

Comment

Jean-thanks. If you look at the second picture, my 'intersection' just isn't right. How do I fix those without everything else being off? Just pinning and easing the fabric?

Originally posted by Jean Sewing Machine View Post
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]69232[/ATTACH]
      If they look like this when you have sewed them together, then you won't lose the points when you sew them to the next row. Ease, using pins to make the seams line up.

Comment

Are you squaring them up after you make each triangle square? Sometimes taking the extra time to do this step will give you a better fit and save a lot of aggravation. I know some will even cut their patches oversized and then square them up so they are all exactly the same size. Your seams may not be consistent. Are you using a quarter inch piecing foot? I would suggest using a square-up ruler to make sure each patch is the same size. Eleanor Burns (quilting guru) is known for this over-sized cutting and then squaring up.
        Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Comment

It looks like you are making half square triangles. Invest in a June Tailor half square triangle ruler and I bet you won't have problems putting them together. Watch this video. http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KHlHsYe49u4
          Joyce "She who dies with the most fabric wins!!"

Comment

Another thing I used when first starting out was Thangles.
            Happy Quilting!

Comment

Thanks for all your help ladies! I really appreciate it.

Comment

It looks like your fabric is all stretched in some of the pics. Are you ironing instead of pressing.
                Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
                sigpic

Comment

I like to stick a pin right through the center of the seams to line them up, use a tiny dot of school glue to hold the fabric in place, then stitch the seam.

Comment

Working...
                  X