Can anyone help me find

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can anyone help me find

Just putting this out there. So much talent here. I wonder can anyone help me find a pattern for this or figure out the sizing of the blocks and triangles. Math is not my friend and it makes my head hurt. I made this as a class project almost 4 years ago when I first went to work at Viking sewing gallery. It came from a book my boss handed me and said pick something from here... I was new to quilting at the time and new nothing about squares and triangles and how hard things were. She bought the fabric, so I didn't get to keep the runner. Now almost 4 years later and knowing so much more about quilting I would like to make myself one. Can anyone help with pattern or block sizes please?
    Quilt Block of the Month 003.jpg
    I think the center blocks were 6 inch blocks that's all I can remember. Thanks for any help.
    sigpic:icon_hug: Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
    Time spent with cats is never wasted.
    Sigmund Freud

Re: Can anyone help me find

IF, I was using a charm pack, I would make all my HST's first and then cut the big blocks to fit. That would make the center blocks about 8 inches or less, depending on how much you take off when you square them up. So you could make it fit a 6 in block, but you would be whacking off quite a bit.

I would start with a 4.5 inch square to make the 6 inch HST's. Make two HSTs and measure what you end up with. It will depend on your seam size and all.

The cutting size you start with won't matter, if you make those HST's first. The key will be to keep those HST's the same size.

Do you have a finished size in mind?

Comment

It is ocean waves quilt pattern.
      Not sure about the math.
      I think I have a book with an Ocean Waves block in it.
      Try googling ocean waves patterns for a 6 inch block
      Happy Quilting!

Comment

Ocean Waves Quilt Pattern
        here ya go instructions and all and the best part....FREE
        :icon_wave::icon_woohoo:Kellie:icon_hi:

Comment

yes that's it thank you so much, bhaggerty and kellidi !!! This is the best forum ever . All you have to do is ask and there it is!! Thank you.
          Last edited by Iris Girl; February 22, 2014, 08:45 AM.
          sigpic:icon_hug: Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
          Time spent with cats is never wasted.
          Sigmund Freud

Comment

Working...
          X