Using invisable thread ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using invisable thread ?

I want to use pollster invisible thread to do some stitch in the ditch quilting. Do I use the same thread on top and in the bobbin.?
    "Never stop believing that fighting for what is right is worth it"
    Hillary Clinton

Re: Using invisable thread ?

I am planning on using it for both the top and bottom thread. Another option would be if your back is solid, to use that color as your bottom thread.

Comment

I used the same in both....
      pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

I've been told not to use it in the bobbin but to use 60 wt thread in the bobbin, that it will help avoid breakage which can be a problem with monofilament thread.
        Cyndi

“Have courage for the great sorrows of life and patience for the small ones; and when you have laboriously accomplished your daily task, go to sleep in peace. God is awake.” - Victor Hugo

Comment

I've used both in top and bobbin. Lower the speed when winding the bobbin and don't fill it all the way. Also, make sure it's polyester and not nylon. I love it for invisible machine applique.

Comment

I machine stitch all my bindings, and use it in my bobbin only

Comment

Who made these threads, spiders????????? I bought the Superior very fine poly thread and it took me 3 times before I could get it on the bobbin. I couldn't see the stupid thing! Definitely wind the bobbin slowly at first and then medium speed. Very delicate stuff. I hope it isn't going to be a problem sewing with it. I have my doubts now.
              Hugs,
              Joanne

There are no mistakes, only happy accidents. - Bob Ross

A girl needs to surround herself with TONS of happiness.
              Happiness = fabric!:icon_woohoo:

Comment

Originally posted by soul60s View Post
                Who made these threads, spiders????????? I bought the Superior very fine poly thread and it took me 3 times before I could get it on the bobbin. I couldn't see the stupid thing! Definitely wind the bobbin slowly at first and then medium speed. Very delicate stuff. I hope it isn't going to be a problem sewing with it. I have my doubts now.
                Oh my gosh, that was a funny first line! You made me laugh! So true!!!!

Comment

What kind of invisible thread do you use? I haven't had good luck when I tried it in my machine. Thanks.

Comment

I have never used it in the bobbin. I use thread that matches the back in the bobbin. I like using Sulky invisible thread. But, that said, my Juki absolutely hates invisible thread - breaks it within two or three stitches. But, my Babylock has no problem with it.

And remember, don't ever use it where there may be any stress on the seam because it will break - ask me how I know!
                    Vonnie

Comment

Okay, the Superior Very Fine thread is finally on my machine but when hubby came home and I was showing him how thin it was (blew his mind) I found that the thread breaks with very little pulling. I pulled it apart in my hand! I will again give the benefit of the doubt and sew a practice piece and see if it is strong enough. I highly doubt it. There is $8 shot out the window.
                      Hugs,
                      Joanne

There are no mistakes, only happy accidents. - Bob Ross

A girl needs to surround herself with TONS of happiness.
                      Happiness = fabric!:icon_woohoo:

Comment

Originally posted by soul60s View Post
                        Okay, the Superior Very Fine thread is finally on my machine but when hubby came home and I was showing him how thin it was (blew his mind) I found that the thread breaks with very little pulling. I pulled it apart in my hand! I will again give the benefit of the doubt and sew a practice piece and see if it is strong enough. I highly doubt it. There is $8 shot out the window.
                        Can you return it? I think thread that breaks that easily is defective. When is used the invisible thread I just used white in my bobbin to match the back. That was my second quilt and I thought I would never get my machine threaded.
                        Vernona:icon_hi:

Comment

I have never used it in my bobbin. The superior clear works great in my babylock. I just hate using it because it is hard to see
                          Karen
                          Life is short - Live everyday to the fullest

Comment

Originally posted by Vonnie View Post
                            But, that said, my Juki absolutely hates invisible thread - breaks it within two or three stitches. But, my Babylock has no problem with it.
                            I am about to venture into my first monofilament thread use with my Juki TL-98E. By chance are you using that same machine? I really hope it works in my machine. Nothing else will do as well for this particular quilt.

Comment

I never use invisible thread for anything. I use Superior King Tut thread or Signature's plain 40 wt. quilting thread that comes on the large cones. I have good success with both those. JCY

Comment

Working...
                              X