Shape cut sprint ruler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shape cut sprint ruler

I was looking at this ruler online....my question does anyone have any of these June Taylor rulers and what do you think of them. Also would I be better off getting the larger ruler. This sprint version you fold the fabric twice before cutting whereas the larger 80.00 version you only have to make one fold...my concern is by folding it twice you are basically cutting four layers together and would my strips get wonky this way...
    Shelley

Re: Shape cut sprint ruler

I originally had the smaller one, but it was difficult to manage all the folding...so, I got the larger one, and I love it!
    My friends call me Peggy
    The government calls me Mary Margaret

Proverbs 13:22 A good person leaves an inheritance for their children’s children.

Comment

I love this ruler. I started out with the smaller one and then went to the bigger one. This is the ONLY way I cut strips or squares. I only use the 6 x 12 regular ruler for cutting borders and for trimming quilts. You will love this ruler, and will not know what you did without it. I also recommend the June Tailor Half and Quarter Square Triangle ruler. You will get perfect HSTs with it. You can also use it to square up 1 1/2 to 6 1/2 patches that are not HSTs. Boy, I don't know what I would do without these rulers!
      Joyce "She who dies with the most fabric wins!!"

Comment

I love my June Tailor Shape Cut Pro. It really is amazing. I even bought my mom one
        Thank you,

Ginny K

Comment

I also have the shape Cut Pro and it is one of my most used rulers. You might check shoppers rule! I *think* that is where I got mine after doing comparison shopping for price. Do shop around tho, as they vary in price.
          Babylock Lover: Unity, Symphony, Serenade, Imagine Wave, Coverstitch, Emore and Embellisher. Juki 2010Q and Grace GMQ Pro

Comment

I have the Cut Pro myself and I like it. I love that I can cut so many strips at one time, I can make a jelly roll in minutes. That really helps when you are sashing and doing inner borders in one fabric for a quilt. When I make the Falling Charms, I've made all my own Jelly rolls for them. Piece of cake! I suggest taking a Sharpie and marking the ruler again at 2.5 for an easy fast pace cutting the Jelly rolls.

Comment

i don't have the ruler but i have seen lots of rulers on overstock.com and you might be able to compare prices if you go to nextag.com enter what you are looking for and it will usually bring up prices at lots of stores so you can see where it might be cheaper.
              :icon_wave:Joan

Comment

Thanks everyone....I live in Canada. So far I haven't found a place in Canada that sells the Pro just the smaller sprint version. And after reading all the comments I am going to hold out for the Pro......I see lots of Google searching in my future..
                Shelley

Comment

I just purchased the pro from Joann's on-line. The local store only carried the small one. Also check Amazon, they have it. Don't know if the shipping to Canada would be too much.

Comment

I'm also in Canada and have seen June Tailor rulers online at amazon.ca and A Great Notion in BC, among other places. I've seen some June Tailor products at Fabricland but not the ruler I was looking for. You don't mention where you are in Canada but a couple of Calgary quilt shops carry them if you're anywhere near there. I bought the shape cut plus with 1/2" slots because I thought it would be more versatile than the shape cut pro which only has 2-1/2" slots and have used it a lot.

Comment

Have the shape cut and love, that one can cut in half inch wide range... Hugs, Lynn

Comment

Working...
                      X