Straight Stitch Neefld Platr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Straight Stitch Neefld Platr

I just ordered one of these from the man who works on my machines.... I have heard that this plate will improve one's FMQ... is that right? Does anyone out there have one? Do you like it?

Sandy from Cincinnati

AKA Kermit

Re: Straight Stitch Neefld Platr

It's cryptic, but I am guessing you mean needle plate. Yes, it will help.

Comment

I don't know about FMQ but it does help with straight stitching because the hole is a lot smaller so the fabric is supported a lot better. I imagine this would continue to be true with FMQ though. I used to have one and now I can't find it.

sigpic
      Marci

Comment

Sorry.... I didn't proof read.... , but yes, that is what I meant... Thanks.

Sandy from Cincinnati

AKA Kermit

Comment

Ha Ha...I have gotten pretty good at deciphering your posts.
          Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
          sigpic

Comment

They are good to have, however, be sure to swap it out when you want to do other stitching. I had one on my Viking 830 and forgot to swap it back when I was done. When I went to do a decorative stitch, it jammed the needle and it's never been on center since, even after servicing. Stick a note on the machine or something to remind you.

Comment

Originally posted by easyquilts View Post
              Sorry.... I didn't proof read.... , but yes, that is what I meant... Thanks.
              No apology necessary sweetie! It was easy to know what you meant. And yes, I agree that the single hole throat plate is great for FMQ'ing as well as straight piecing. I love mine and I think you will be happy that you purchased it.
              Courage is being scared to death, and saddling up anyway. ~John Wayne

Quilting is my passion . . . chocolate is a close second!

Comment

Don't worry about the spelling. If we can't figure it out, we will just ask what you meant. We all make typo's.

I don't change mine out on my Babylock because I switch stitches too often. But my Juki has the small hole since it's a straight stitch only machine.
                Vonnie

Comment

Working...
                X