Which rotary cutter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which rotary cutter?

I have a couple of different cutters but wondered if anyone has a specific recommendation for someone with arthritis. I have arthritis in my thumb and now my ring finger has developed trigger finger. I'm sure some cutters are easier to handle than others. Even with a new blade I find myself having problems because I don't think I press hard enough .
    Vernona:icon_hi:

Re: Which rotary cutter?

Splash 45mm Rotary Cutter
    Splash 45mm Rotary Cutter - Olfa
    This one is very easy to change the blade!
    Have a Sewonderful Day,
    Mary T.

Comment

Have you looked I to the Martelli rotary cutters?

Martelli Catalog: Rotary Cutter, 45mm, right-hand

Comment

Originally posted by mary3100 View Post
        Splash 45mm Rotary Cutter
        Splash 45mm Rotary Cutter - Olfa
        This one is very easy to change the blade!
        I like my Olfa cutters. I have 2 of the Olfa 45 mm's and this is the one I like best. Has a good fit and easy to use.
        Shirley aka buckeyequilter
        I work to support a sewing habit that I don't have time for, because I work!

Comment

Originally posted by Pandabear View Post
          Have you looked I to the Martelli rotary cutters?

Martelli Catalog: Rotary Cutter, 45mm, right-hand
          I agree with Pandabear. I love mine and have used it exclusively for years.
          Cyndi

“Have courage for the great sorrows of life and patience for the small ones; and when you have laboriously accomplished your daily task, go to sleep in peace. God is awake.” - Victor Hugo

Comment

When my hands are especially hurting, I really like TruCut. I use it with the special rulers that have little lips on it to keep the cutter from wandering off and cutting wonky.

Yes, its expensive because you need their rulers but you can remove the little guide and use it with regular rulers too (I happen to like the special rulers-no more wonky cuts).

Truecut 45mm My Comfort Cutter - The Grace Company

Comment

I love my Olfa's but I also have arthritis and I'm considering getting the true cut with the lip on the ruler at least for my simple cutting. I can't replace all of my rulers lol as it would cost too much. So I will still use my Olfa's. The fiskars were too hard on my hands.
              Thank you,

Ginny K

Comment

I have Martelli, several of them, which I love. I would never buy another brand again. They are ergonomic and very easy to use. The regular cutters were causing me all sorts of neck/shoulder/arm pain, and once I switched them out, it disappeared.
                pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

Thanks for the help. I watched the you tube videos from Martelli and ordered one. Can't wait to try it out.
                  Vernona:icon_hi:

Comment

Working...
                  X