No cover over bobbin case...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No cover over bobbin case...

For some reason, I have two Janomes, and one plastic cover for the bobbin case. When I picked the 2007 up from the shop, and dropped the Jem fog, I forgot to keep the plastic cover.... I can get it tomorrow, before going to the quilt club meeting, but I have some seeing to do tonight....

I did some SID, then decided to stay stitch around the perimeter of the little quilt... The the thread snarled under the quilt.... I did put a strip of tape over the opening....but it wasn't really covered.... Could not properly coveting the bobbin case cause snarling?

Sandy from Cincinnati

AKA Kermit

Re: No cover over bobbin case...

I don't know if this caused your problem or not but be very careful if you're using your machine without the bobbin cover, if you get your finger in it you will be in a world of pain! When you go back to the shop maybe you can pick up another cover so you can have one for each of your machines
    TODAY IS A GOOD DAY...TO HAVE A GOOD DAY...Genny

Comment

YES it will make a difference... those covers have little grooves in them tohold your bobbin at a certain height and to keep it from jumping up and down......and that is why you probably have snarls.
      :icon_wave::icon_woohoo:Kellie:icon_hi:

Comment

A friend went off to a retreat and left the cover for hers at home. We rigged up a cover using some clear plastic held down by tape. It worked for several days and she could see how much thread there was on the bobbin.

Comment

Working...
        X