X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dwil23
    replied
    Re: quilt names

I name mine - even if I am giving them away. I usually incorporate the name of the pattern or the fabric line - or both into the quilt, but not always.

Leave a comment:

• Sheena
    replied

Originally posted by Preeti View Post
    I name my quilts and I label them too. I have made Pink Square Dance, Blue Rail Fence, Bear Hugs, Sherbet Strips, Alphabet Soup (a D9P baby quilt using charm packs with alphabets), Basket Case (this was a queen size rail fence that I machine quilted on my Janome). I also use recipient's names sometimes - Alex's Quilt will be done in March. In fact, you can check Bear Hugs at the link below.
    Sew Preeti Quilts: Bear Hugs
    Tell me if the name fits.
    That's a lovely quilt. I agree with you about pastels. I like dark colours for babies too.

Leave a comment:

• buckeyequilter
    replied

I've never given it a lot of thought...but I guess I do have to call them something, then when I'm boring Jim to tears with details he knows which quilt I'm talking about. I just finished that "[email protected] Maple Leaf Quilt".

Leave a comment:

• SandyWhite
    replied

Sometimes I name my quilts. Lately, I always label them. When I first started quilting, I didn't know better so many went unlabeled.

and welcome to the forum!

Leave a comment:

• lourixe
    replied

My quilts have names during the process, that they loose when I give them away. As I am collecting fabric for a project, I store it in a box that I must label with some kind of identification, normally the intended pattern and the fabric collection or theme. This way I can easily find the materials when I want to work on that precise project. Once finished, I only label my name, date, and intended owner. I let the quilt go for a new name in its new home. There are exceptions, though, like when a pattern is licensed and I put the pattern's name and its designer on the label.

Leave a comment:

• Preeti
    replied

I name my quilts and I label them too. I have made Pink Square Dance, Blue Rail Fence, Bear Hugs, Sherbet Strips, Alphabet Soup (a D9P baby quilt using charm packs with alphabets), Basket Case (this was a queen size rail fence that I machine quilted on my Janome). I also use recipient's names sometimes - Alex's Quilt will be done in March. In fact, you can check Bear Hugs at the link below.
    Sew Preeti Quilts: Bear Hugs
    Tell me if the name fits.

Leave a comment:

• Suzette
    replied

I do name my quilts and I add that name to the label on the back. (I don't give them 'people' names, but a name that fits the theme, pattern, event etc. of the quilt.) It's fun and adds a bit more creativity to my quilt to give it a fun, meaningful name.

Leave a comment:

• Grandma G
    replied

Hadn't really thought about it before but, yes, I do. I have the Princess Quilt, Dora Quilt, Crazy Snake Quilt and so on. Yeah, guess I do name them!!!

Leave a comment:

• GinnyKNC
    replied

I do name my quilts. The names come from various places. Pattern, fabric, who the quilt is going to and for what reason, or just because it reminds me of something. I always put a label with the quilt name, who the quilt is for, the date and my name.

Leave a comment:

• bonniebella
    replied

I have not named my quilts but, my last one which gave me a lot of trouble had 3 different blocks in it. By the end of the quilt top I had named them brat, twin and big guy, crazy heh? My new sewing machine a Bernina 750 seemed so huge when I got it home I thought of it as a beast and called it Boris.

Leave a comment:

• Iris Girl
    replied

Mine get named according to fabric, pattern or design or whatever fits. I do not name my machines or my serger.

Leave a comment:

• MomGram
    replied

I name all of mine. The names come from the fabric line or the pattern or the theme. I just use a square of fabric for my labels. I take a five inch square press it in half on the diagonal. I place the raw edges in a corner pin it in place then attach the binding. So the label is sewn down as binding is applied. image.jpg

Leave a comment:

• toggpine
    replied

Some of them are named for the person who will receive them (Em's Elephants) and others are named in part from the pattern I used to create them. The one I just finished for my sister was a "Sparkling Gemstones" pattern, but I used a dark chocolate sashing, so it was Gemstones in Chocolate.

I think we all have those "[email protected] Quilts" in our stacks of UFO's or finishes!

Leave a comment:

• BobW
    replied

Originally posted by tamsterg7 View Post
    Most of mine have the same name because I usually say I am done with that "da*m quilt"! Lol
    That's what I said when I finished my first queen-sized quilt top. I didn't think I would ever finish it. I have made several smaller lap size quilt tops. I had to laugh when I read your comment.

Leave a comment:

• tamsterg7
    replied

Most of mine have the same name because I usually say I am done with that "da*m quilt"! Lol

Leave a comment:

Working...
X