• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Preeti
    Missouri Star
    • Jan 2014

Re: quilt names

I name my quilts and I label them too. I have made Pink Square Dance, Blue Rail Fence, Bear Hugs, Sherbet Strips, Alphabet Soup (a D9P baby quilt using charm packs with alphabets), Basket Case (this was a queen size rail fence that I machine quilted on my Janome). I also use recipient's names sometimes - Alex's Quilt will be done in March. In fact, you can check Bear Hugs at the link below.
    Sew Preeti Quilts: Bear Hugs
    Tell me if the name fits.
    Preeti
    http://sewpreetiquilts.blogspot.com/

Comment

• lourixe
      Missouri Star
      • Jan 2013

My quilts have names during the process, that they loose when I give them away. As I am collecting fabric for a project, I store it in a box that I must label with some kind of identification, normally the intended pattern and the fabric collection or theme. This way I can easily find the materials when I want to work on that precise project. Once finished, I only label my name, date, and intended owner. I let the quilt go for a new name in its new home. There are exceptions, though, like when a pattern is licensed and I put the pattern's name and its designer on the label.

Comment

• SandyWhite
        Missouri Star
        • Jan 2013

Sometimes I name my quilts. Lately, I always label them. When I first started quilting, I didn't know better so many went unlabeled.

and welcome to the forum!
        SandyWhite
        Ocala, Florida
        http://handpiecing.blogspot.com

Comment

• buckeyequilter
          Missouri Star
          • Jan 2012

I've never given it a lot of thought...but I guess I do have to call them something, then when I'm boring Jim to tears with details he knows which quilt I'm talking about. I just finished that "D@mn Maple Leaf Quilt".
          Shirley aka buckeyequilter
          I work to support a sewing habit that I don't have time for, because I work!

Comment

• Sheena
            The Guild President
            • Oct 2012

Originally posted by Preeti View Post
            I name my quilts and I label them too. I have made Pink Square Dance, Blue Rail Fence, Bear Hugs, Sherbet Strips, Alphabet Soup (a D9P baby quilt using charm packs with alphabets), Basket Case (this was a queen size rail fence that I machine quilted on my Janome). I also use recipient's names sometimes - Alex's Quilt will be done in March. In fact, you can check Bear Hugs at the link below.
            Sew Preeti Quilts: Bear Hugs
            Tell me if the name fits.
            That's a lovely quilt. I agree with you about pastels. I like dark colours for babies too.

Comment

• dwil23
              Missouri Star
              • May 2012

I name mine - even if I am giving them away. I usually incorporate the name of the pattern or the fabric line - or both into the quilt, but not always.
              Donna

Comment

Working...
              X