Shape Cut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shape Cut

For those of you who love the Shape Cut rulers, will the 16 x 16.5 do the trick, or should I spring for the 20 x 23? I have many, many strips to cut out and somehow this seemed like a good investment. Thanks.
    Judy

Re: Shape Cut

if you have lots of strips to cut I would go for the 20x23
    Dolores :lol::icon_heh:

Comment

I love mine. It is going to make life so much easier when cutting strips. Great investment. I think I have the 16 x 16.5. Fold your yardage in half (folded side to selvage side) and it will fit perfectly.
      Hugs,
      Joanne

There are no mistakes, only happy accidents. - Bob Ross

A girl needs to surround herself with TONS of happiness.
      Happiness = fabric!:icon_woohoo:

Comment

You are talking to the Shape Cut advocate of the century! I love, love, love it. I started out with the smaller one, and then bought the bigger one. The bigger one gets more cuts, and I love it. It is rather harder to handle since it is so big, but it is the one I'd recommend. You might also think about investing the in the June Tailor Half and Quarter Square Triangle ruler to get perfect HST all the time. It is another ruler I love dearly. I also use it to square up from 1.5 to 6.5 inch plain patches.
        Joyce "She who dies with the most fabric wins!!"

Comment

Thanks for the info. Since JoAnn's has them on sale, I think I will invest in the larger one. At 50% off, it is less than the smaller one at regular price.
          Judy

Comment

Originally posted by jsmetcalf View Post
            Thanks for the info. Since JoAnn's has them on sale, I think I will invest in the larger one. At 50% off, it is less than the smaller one at regular price.
            If you do, do make sure that your cutting mat is larger than the ruler. Ask me how I know!

Comment

I'd go with the Shape Cut Plus. It's larger than the Shape Cut and has more cutting slots to cut a larger variety of strip widths than the bigger Shape Cut Pro. The Pro has slots every 2 1/2" and the Plus has slots every 1/2".
              *~* Myrna *~*
              *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Comment

I have the Shape Cut Plus and love it!
                TODAY IS A GOOD DAY...TO HAVE A GOOD DAY...Genny

Comment

I'm going to cast another vote for the Plus. I am putting together my first quilt using it, and the increase in accuracy (not to mention the speed with which the cutting was completed) is amazing. I did add the little clear rubber gripper feet to it this weekend, and I think the little bit of elevation gives my cutter a little bit better defined "track." Love this thing!

Comment

Working...
                  X