How to match prints

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to match prints

I'm posting this as a separate question to keep the discussion easier to search on....I've got a fabric for my quilt backing and would like to match up the print, but have NO CLUE how to do this! At least not anything that really makes sense. Does anybody have an easy way to do this? If so, can you share? thank you in advance!

Re: How to match prints

I saw Eleanor Burns take some fusible and place it on the right edge on the top, fold it under like a hem, then match it up with the other fabric, then iron/press it. Then she sewed the seam. I'm pretty sure she has done this in several of her tutorials. Have you seen that fusible strip that's only 1/4" thick - something like that I think is what she used. If you don't have any, I would just press the seam allowance under, then move the fabric around till it matches, then pin in place. Some people like elmer's glue and some a glue stick, to help hold it in place when you open it up to get to the seam.
    Vonnie

Comment

I just pin pin pin pin!

image.jpg

But fusible web ( or something like stitch witchery) is a neat thought!!!
      Happy Quilting!

Comment

thank you! The Craftsy class I just saw helped explain one method and it seems easy enough! I'll try that! will post pics when i'm done. thanks for the tips all!

Comment

Working...
        X