Xs & Os question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Xs & Os question

I want my blocks to be larger than charm pack squares. If I increase the size of my block to 8" should I also increase the size of my corner square to 4"? Would that work? I want a baby quilt about 40x48" so that would be about 5 x 6 blocks? right? Am I thinking this correctly?
    Jo

Re: Xs & Os question

You are correct in thinking that the corner squares should be half the size of the block fabric. I made a modified X and O and it worked just fine. As to the finished size, don't forget that you will lose some width and length when you join the blocks together due to the seam allowances, so either increase your squares and corners sizes or simply add a border to get it to the finished size you want once you get the blocks sewn together.

Anne

Comment

I would change the corner square to 4". It will work fine.
      sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Yes you are right. What ever size block you use, the corner square is half that size. So a 8" block has 4" squares for corners. It a very easy quilt to make, no matter what fabric line you use The one I made was with Christmas fabric. Good Luck!
        Have a Sewonderful Day,
        Mary T.

Comment

Thanks for the input y'all! I'll upload a pic when I get the top done.
          Jo

Comment

Working...
          X