large prints

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

large prints

I have 3 large prints that I want to use in a quilt. Pattern suggestions please.

Re: large prints

are the prints able to be cut in to blocks if you can cut blocks you could try grandmother's attic window
    :icon_wave:Joan

Comment

I like the BQ patterns from Maple Island Quilts. They really show case large prints.
      Vonnie

Comment

Jenny did a quilt with 10" squares of gorgeous fabric. The quilt is simple but it really showcases the fabrics. She put a scalloped border one the quilt and it's just lovely.
        sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

I agree with Barb, sometimes the squares are enough. I came across this though a long time ago.

Video: Sew Big Quilt Blocks, Part 2 | Watch Sewing with Nancy Online | WPT Video
          🌺 Lorie

Comment

Originally posted by Hulamoon View Post
            I agree with Barb, sometimes the squares are enough. I came across this though a long time ago.

Video: Sew Big Quilt Blocks, Part 2 | Watch Sewing with Nancy Online | WPT Video
            That's the one I did but with Dragon fabric for the large print and scaling looking red and black for the diagonal cut blocks and gray scales for the little square block. I have pictures - just need to figure out how to get them on here. It made a great guy quilt.
            Vonnie

Comment

Look at this block! Island Botanical Block from ConnectingThreads.com Quilting

It would be gorgeous with a large flower print.

You did not say what type of design and what colors your large prints are in.

Another good one is, I think this is the name, a shadow quilt. You have a large square of fabric, and a dark strip on the right and bottom sides of the block. Makes it look like the squares are floating.
              Vonnie

Comment

Another member posted this quilt that would work with large prints. It's called A Piece f Cake by Eleanor Burns

http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/sho...iece-cake.html

Comment

Originally posted by Linda71 View Post
                  I have 3 large prints that I want to use in a quilt. Pattern suggestions please.
                  What is the size you want to have for your prints?
                  Vernona:icon_hi:

Comment

Working...
                  X