Which pattern?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which pattern?

I'm going to make a throw sized quilt. (For my niece's first apartment.) I know she will love the Salt Water by Tula Pink fabric. So, what do you think would be the best pattern? I'm thinking a chevron or Summer in the park but they both have a lot of white. Will the colors of the Salt Water fabric have enough contrast? image.jpg

Re: Which pattern?

Have you seen Summer in the park that doesn't use the white, just the prints? They are really pretty.
    🌺 Lorie

Comment

Either one of those patterns would look great. If you use that light color that's in it, for your background the other colors would stand out nicely.
      :icon_hiya: Coleen

"I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good I can do, or any kindness I can show, let me do now, for I will not pass through this way again."

Comment

Originally posted by Hulamoon View Post
        Have you seen Summer in the park that doesn't use the white, just the prints? They are really pretty.
        Where could we find a picture... I usually search Google Images..

Sandy from Cincinnati

AKA Kermit

Comment

I saved one from a member, I'm sure she wont mind

Summer%20in%20the%20park.jpg
          🌺 Lorie

Comment

Originally posted by Hulamoon View Post
            I saved one from a member, I'm sure she wont mind

[ATTACH=CONFIG]68334[/ATTACH]
            That's gorgeous! Thank you.

Comment

Are you buying precuts? If so, which one - layer cake, jelly roll, fat quarters, etc...

BTW, that summer in the park is gorgeous!
              Vonnie

Comment

Chevrons are hot right now. I think a young person would love a chevron quilt. You might need to pull the lightest blocks from the charm pace. The rest of the charms would look great. I'm a huge Tula fan.
                sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Originally posted by Vonnie View Post
                  Are you buying precuts? If so, which one - layer cake, jelly roll, fat quarters, etc...

BTW, that summer in the park is gorgeous!
                  I do plan on using precursor. If I do summer in the park I'll get a jelly roll and for chevron I'd get charm packs. I may have to flip a coin because I think both patterns are wonderful.

Comment

Personally, I like the clean look of the original but saw this on pinterest. It seems to substitute the 'white' with grey so gives it a different feel altogether. Good luck - it's an easy pattern to get along with.

A version of MSQ Co.'s "Summer in the Park" quilt ... | Modern Quilts

Comment

Working...
                    X