Does this look hard?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does this look hard?

My SIL asked if I could make her a quilt similar to this one...I don't think it would be that bad. Seems like it is 90% applique. What do you think?

https://www.etsy.com/listing/3061619...ree-baby-quilt

Re: Does this look hard?

That is really cute! I would attempt it because I like to applique. The size is reasonable to work with. Would you keep it that size?
    🌺 Lorie

Comment

I was thinking 45 x 60. I've only appliquéd letters with the heat n bond double sided stuff. Would I have to do a true appliqué with this or is the heat n bond method ok?

Comment

OMG.. I have seen her blog.. I think there just might be templates available for free..
        "Each day well-lived and Happy;
        that's all there is to Life!"

Comment

I use the lite heat and bond and recently just got the feather weight. I was stuck on doing the satin stitch on the children's clothing I was selling (I have some in my album). But I do like the blanket too, depends on the look you want. I would always suggest to stitch it down though.
          🌺 Lorie

Comment

check out a blog called cluck cluck sew. you'll find a pillow with this pattern.
            "Each day well-lived and Happy;
            that's all there is to Life!"

Comment

Like do a single stitch around the outside?

Comment

Originally posted by Coppertopquilter View Post
                Like do a single stitch around the outside?
                That would work, just don't stitch too close to the edge. After several washings it might not hold. I just googled applique stitches maybe you will find something you like. I never do it by hand it would take me forever. lol

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...06.KpS-rOav8Ug
                🌺 Lorie

Comment

Originally posted by GrammaBabs View Post
                  check out a blog called cluck cluck sew. you'll find a pillow with this pattern.
                  Your still having trouble with posting links? That must be frustrating That is one of my favorite blogs!
                  Cluck Cluck Sew: Tutorial: Scrap Buster Fall Pillow

She did a single stitch, and that's what I was saying about not sewing to close. You could make a matching pillow!
                  🌺 Lorie

Comment

The applique is really cute and if you haven't done applique piecing before, this looks like a great one to start with! Go slow and focus on your cutting and make sure you put the heat and bond on the wrong side of the fabric (I learned this lesson the hard way)! Good luck!
                    Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

Comment

What do you mean by focus on my cutting?

Comment

Meaning cut as precise as you can on the pieces. I have had pieces come out mis-shapen because I rushed......
                        Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

Comment

A funny thing happened today. I was going through some paper work and you know how things get lost between the piles? I found these plastic shapes just like the leaves. I'm thinking so hard where they came from. It was a kit I bought to make a flexable coin purse. I was like oh my gosh these can be leaves!

There are two large and four a little smaller. I'll split them with you (I can't find the pattern anyway) just pm me your addy.
                          🌺 Lorie

Comment

The description with the photo of the print says the following: "This adorable quilt is lovingly named after one of my favorite childhood books. A combination of all different shades of green make up the appliquéd leaves. The heart is machine embroidered with the parents to be initials. Machine quilted with adorable wavy stitching and machine bound to ensure durability. Quilt measures 36x47 inches. Hand wash cold, hang to dry."

Also - if you will click on the arrows to the side of the picture it will show you close ups of different sections of the quilt.

Hope this info helps.

Originally posted by Coppertopquilter View Post
                            My SIL asked if I could make her a quilt similar to this one...I don't think it would be that bad. Seems like it is 90% applique. What do you think?

https://www.etsy.com/listing/3061619...ree-baby-quilt
                            Last edited by Grandma G; February 13, 2014, 08:42 PM. Reason: Additional info.
                            Gerri

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

Comment

Hulamoom, you are very kind but I already have a template! Thank you thought.

Grandma G, This helps a lot thanks!

Comment

Working...
                              X