PLEASE HELP!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PLEASE HELP!!!!

I just finished a lap quilt for one of my co-workers granddaughter and one of the blocks came apart in the wash. What do I do?? I'm still a rookie and really starting to fret! Can someone please help me??

Re: PLEASE HELP!!!!

One option would be to applique something over it.

Can you post a pic? Is it just one seam or several seams in the same block?
    Lisa

M*QC forum is full of the best people!

I'm not just buying fabric, I am supporting the economy...

A bad day in the sewing room is better than a good day at the office.

Comment

Originally posted by leeannamm View Post
      I just finished a lap quilt for one of my co-workers granddaughter and one of the blocks came apart in the wash. What do I do?? I'm still a rookie and really starting to fret! Can someone please help me??
      I am so sorry this happened to you, I would be just sick about it. I agree with Lisa about the applique. I know this won't help you right now but when you sew your blocks together use very small stitches and you'll have less chances of them ever coming apart.
      TODAY IS A GOOD DAY...TO HAVE A GOOD DAY...Genny

Comment

I will be posting a picture tomorrow. It's only one seam in a chevron block. It's not in a good spot to applique anything over it, in my opinion. Ughhh!

Comment

If its just one seam would it be possible for you to blind stitch it closed?? Almost like you would sew the binding on,,
          Just a thought...
          May the road rise up to meet you...
          May the wind be always at your back...
          May you be in Heaven a half hour before the Devil knows you're dead...
          Patt :icon_wave:

Comment

I had that happen and went over that area with the machine. Just created an outline and sewed echoing the pattern. It really wasn't so noticeable. I put it down, walked away and came back to it and had trouble finding the repair. It was also a gift that I had washed, inspected and then handed over to my brother. Unfortunately, he opened it, held it up and I saw the seam had burst. So I took it back..lol fixed it and returned it. So I know how you feel.
            :icon_wave:

Have a wonderful day!

Friend me on Facebook under Kelly Howell Faulconer

Comment

I agree, can you do an echo quilting stitch, turning it under, and continue the echo so it looks intentional?
              Quilts may come, and quilts may go, but the stitches stay the same.:icon_hi:

Comment

I would try to blind stitch it like Patt said. Also, how did you quilt it? After you blind stitch it, can you add a little more quilting to blend with the rest of the quilting.
                I'm thinking that when you sewed your block together that one of the seams did not catch in the other one to lock it. Very easy mistake and it could happen to anyone. Everything can be fixed. Deep breath, step back and look at it, and then figure out your plan. It'll be fine.
                Cil
                A quilt is a blanket of love
                http://www.pinterest.com/cil3612/boards/
                http://www.creativelyhomemade.etsy.com/

Comment

This happened a lot to a baby quilt that my oldest son had. I just took a needle and thread and repaired it with a blind stitch like was mentioned above. Lucky you caught it now.
                  Vonnie

Comment

I recommend blindstitching it by hand. Just take your time and take tiny stitches and then bury the end of your thread into the batting and clip. It should be almost invisible.
                    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Here are the photos....mms_picture_2.jpg
                      mms_picture.jpg

Comment

I would try to turn the fabric under and blindstitch like those have mentioned, you can also use a clear thread so it would be almost invisible.
                        If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
                        http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

Working...
                        X