Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spring wall hanging pattern

Hi all!
    I am looking to do a springy wall hanging for my MIL who has a birthday on the first day of spring. She is in an assisted living place and I think it would be nice to hang on her door. She has not gotten out much because of the brutal winter we are all having, so I was thinking something bright and cheerful. Does anyone have any ideas on patterns? Free is best, and it should be fairly easy since I am running out of time and have a kabillion projects to finish. Thanks in advance for your help! Stay safe and warm!!
    ~ Connie ~

Re: Spring wall hanging pattern

The new zipper tutorial is really fast and easy.
    Vernona:icon_hi:

Comment

A panel would be quick and easy....there are so many pretty ones on Fabric.com....and they are usually about 24" by 44" ...just perfect for a door!
      ~Kathy~

Comment

I looked on pinterest and this looks bright and cheerful. Simple too, I don't think you'd need a pattern.

Here is Candace's beautifully modern Dresden Plate ... | Customers Qu?

Comment

https://www.fabric.com/SearchResults...3-26a376046a5e

Here is a link...!
          ~Kathy~

Comment

If you're short on time, this tulip pattern could be made into a small wall hanging:
            Quilting - Table Topper Quilt Patterns - Spring Tulip Place Mat Quilting Pattern

If you like doing applique, you could do something like this with flowers:
            Spring flowers applique quilted wall hanging or by Montanapillows

Comment

Jenny had a cute wall hanging with a dresdan plate as the flower, wide rick rack for the stem. Check her tutorial on dresdans and it's hanging in the wall. Think she mentions it as we'll. Looked like a quick project.

Comment

Thank you all for the great ideas. I decided to go with a Dresden flower wall hanging. I have always thought the Dresden looked too hard to do, but Jenny's tutorial makes it look easy!
                ~ Connie ~

Comment

Working...
                X