Pfaff fabric pucker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pfaff fabric pucker

Hi, I just got my Pfaff QE 4.0 back from service and I'm having issues with the fabric puckering. I've adjusted the thread tension, presser foot pressure, and balance to both extremes with no good results. What am I missing? I'm just working with piecing right now and with this issue my blocks come out all out of shape, can't have that.

Re: Pfaff fabric pucker

If it were me, I would take it back to the shop who serviced it. It wouldn't be the first time a freshly serviced machine had some problems. If you wait too long, they'll want to blame you instead of any chance it was their mess-up.
    Nancy

Psalm 126:3 The LORD has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy.

Comment

I would take it back too. Bring your fabric and show them what it is doing and let them fix it for you. And make them sew on your fabric afterwards to show you it is indeed fixed.

Comment

You know... I've always wondered...after they service our machines...do they even try them out to make sure everythings allright before we take them home! I don't believe they do because sometimes after we get them home theres something wrong with them. This is one of the reasons I hate taking them for a cleaning...you never know whats going to happen when you get them back.
        TODAY IS A GOOD DAY...TO HAVE A GOOD DAY...Genny

Comment

First I would make sure I had the same thread on top and bottom. I often mix threads but sometimes my Pfaff wants the same in the bobbin as I have on top. If that doesn't work, back to the service man for readjusting, don't wait too long or he will want to charge you a fee.

Comment

My service guy always does a sew out practice piece and leaves it under the presser foot. However, he used some stiff doubled fabric. I think machines sometimes struggle to get that nice looking stitch on a thinner fabric. My sewing buddy had that very same problem yesterday with her machine that had just been serviced. Just take it back with samples of what you experienced.

Comment

The service guy did do a test, but your right Jean, on a thicker piece of fabric. I tried everything, so back to the service guy it goes

Comment

Exactly as Jean said, my teacher and myself, when we finish servicing/cleaning machines, we always do a test of various stitches and leave it under the presser foot so the customer can see that the machine is sewing well.

Comment

Well got my machine figured out, turned out to be the thread and needle, both of which I had bought when I was living in Australia. The needle was a tiny bit longer than a Schmetz, no wonder my needle threader wouldn't work! As for the thread it was an inexpensive polyester, but my machine just didn't like it. Switched back to my Guitterman, and Madeira and it's working great.

Comment

Working...
                  X