single irish chain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

single irish chain

Hi, making and Irish chain quilt and I need some idea of what to quilt on it or at least fill in the white block, I'm new to this would appreciate any ideas and simple please I'm learning as I go. Thanks your a great group of people.

Re: single irish chain

Good question. I would like to know too. I have one I need to quilt up and get finished.
    Karen
    Life is short - Live everyday to the fullest

Comment

This is what I did, not hard, just some scallops and a few leaves!image.jpg

Comment

I love the wild Irish rose Jean did (above). To me this pattern needs curved quilting to offset the squares. Jean's is perfect.
        sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Originally posted by Jean Sewing Machine View Post
          This is what I did, not hard, just some scallops and a few leaves![ATTACH=CONFIG]68122[/ATTACH]
          very... very... pretty Irish Chain is near the top of my list of quilts to make

Comment

I think you could do a curved star pattern ( connect the 4 corners and mid points on each square with curved lines) or Karen did a feather wreath in hers. My squares were small for the wreath, but I considered doing the curved line star. I had done a similar rose on a couple of practice quilts, so I felt more confident to try it on this quilt for a customer.

Comment

Originally posted by Jean Sewing Machine View Post
              This is what I did, not hard, just some scallops and a few leaves![ATTACH=CONFIG]68122[/ATTACH]
              I love this. I do have some stencils. I am going to check to see if one of them will work in that square. Awesome.
              Karen
              Life is short - Live everyday to the fullest

Comment

Jean's is pretty!

This site has some "block specific" patterns...great inspiration!

Search Results : Stitch Happy!, Digital Designs for your robotic quilting machine

also, check Pinterest, Google Images.

Comment

what a beautiful quilt I love the flowers will have to practice alot but I think it will be worth it. Thanks so much for the help

Comment

you can check the size of the block that will be quilted and then buy a quilt stencil to draw the design on the fabric then quilt.
                    :icon_wave:Joan

Comment

Working...
                    X