X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• buckeyequilter
    replied
    Re: Batting

I think the first quilt I made I soaked the batting like it said....but haven't done that again.

Leave a comment:

• Madeforyouinma11
    replied

Yes! I just checked and it is the Natures Touch. Thank you. It was mentioned for the shrinkage factor and normally I wouldn't have a problem pre washing, but it said not to "machine wash"! They wanted me to just soak it, roll it and let it air dry. What a pain that would have been. Thank you so much. I am going to treat it just like my other batting.

Leave a comment:

• buckeyequilter
    replied

I use Pellon's Natures Touch all the time...have never had a problem with it and I don't soak it. Like, slokarma said it is a heavier batting.

Leave a comment:

• Slokarma
    replied

I have used the Pellon Natures Touch, is that the one? I did not prewash and it came out just fine. I'm wondering if it is a shrinkage factor they are talking about.

This one is a bit heavier than the ones I've used before but I really love the way it feels and looks.

Leave a comment:

• Madeforyouinma11
    started a topic Batting

Batting

I usually buy Warm and White/Natural 100% cotton batting. I just like the feel of it and I have had good luck quilting with it.
    I went to Joann's today and their batting so were on sale 50% off! plus I had a 20% off coupon.
    They had Pellon 100% batting on sale for $6.99 a yard and with my coupon it would bring it down to about 5.50 a yard. I picked up a couple of yards to try it, but it says to soak in very warm water, roll in a towel to remove the water and air dry before using and then after the quilt is made, I can wash and dry as I normally would. I have never done this with any of my other 100% cotton batting.
    Have any of you ever used the Pellon 100%? Did you do the presoak or is it really not necessary? I don't pre wash any of my fabrics and my batting and fabrics usually shrink equally, so why would this one be different?
Working...
X