Charm Pack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charm Pack

I am so mad, someone told me that Ebay has some nice charm packs. So I went to the website and I found a bunch of them that I really liked. Then I saw 100 piece assorted charm pack, it was only $12.50. I bought all the charm packs that I liked and also the 100 piece one. The 100 piece one was from another seller. I received them yesterday and later on, I looked at them. The fabric is really nice and the color prints are nice. When it came to the cutting,
    RAY CHARLES AND STEVIE WONDER could have done a better job cutting them. My DH said not to return them, it was only $12.50. That's not the point that I was trying to say, I didn't care if it was $5.00. It's the fact that they screwed up and I'm sure other people are going to buy them so, they are getting screwed too.
    Sorry, I had to get it off my chest.
    Good friends are like quilts, they age with you but, never lose their warmth

Lori

Re: Charm Pack

I'd make sure to leave them a review. Maybe they don't know they are like that and it needs to be brought to their attention. I'd email them, see what they are going to do for you and leave the feedback accordingly.
    pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

Are the various sizes in one pack? I have seen a lot of charm packs that were only 4".
      Hugs,
      Joanne

There are no mistakes, only happy accidents. - Bob Ross

A girl needs to surround herself with TONS of happiness.
      Happiness = fabric!:icon_woohoo:

Comment

I already told my DH that I wasn't going to let this go without doing something in my favor. I had bought 8 charm packs but, was from a different seller.

Lori

Comment

Oh no, these are all different sizes in one pack. I pinned a couple together just to see and yes, all different sizes. It was posted as
          100 5" square charm pack.

Lori

Comment

I bought some off of E-bay as well, supposed to be 5" and by the time I straightened out the cut they ended up to 4"... ugh
            :icon_wave:Lisa

Comment

These are all different sizes. Even the pinking doesn't add up. It is so aggravating, yes I agree, UGH

Lori

Comment

Very frustrating!! You should definitely post a review to warn other quilters..
                Could you use them as 4 or 4 1/2 squares? That's what I'd do, so it wouldn't be a total waste...
                Just an idea.
                May the road rise up to meet you...
                May the wind be always at your back...
                May you be in Heaven a half hour before the Devil knows you're dead...
                Patt :icon_wave:

Comment

That's really frustrating, Lori! I would let the seller know and maybe you will be compensated somehow. If not, leave a negative rating for that seller.
                  sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Just went through this. DON'T LEAVE FEEDBACK YET! First contact the seller with your problem and see how they respond. If they brush you off you can take it further.

Go to your Purchase History click on Other Actions - there is a statement that says Resolve a Problem. The next screen will give you typical problems so just click on Item Not As Described. This is how to get Ebay to monitor the problem and weighs a little heavier on the seller ... because it opens a case. It worked well for me because I got a partial refund on some fabric that was short.

Hope it works out for you!

Comment

I agree with Judy. Start by being nice; you can always escalate to nasty if necessary. That means dealing with them privately, instead of in public feedback, but with eBay looking over your shoulder as it were. You may be dealing with someone who had a lot of random charm squares and assumed they were all 5 inches, or someone who's reselling fabric they bought from a Chinese wholesaler, which would mean the squares were cut by machine by someone who thinks in centimeters. Good luck!

Comment

I know, that's what I am going to have to do, is make smaller squares

Lori

Comment

Originally posted by maxwellthecat View Post
                          I am so mad, someone told me that Ebay has some nice charm packs. So I went to the website and I found a bunch of them that I really liked. Then I saw 100 piece assorted charm pack, it was only $12.50. I bought all the charm packs that I liked and also the 100 piece one. The 100 piece one was from another seller. I received them yesterday and later on, I looked at them. The fabric is really nice and the color prints are nice. When it came to the cutting,
                          RAY CHARLES AND STEVIE WONDER could have done a better job cutting them. My DH said not to return them, it was only $12.50. That's not the point that I was trying to say, I didn't care if it was $5.00. It's the fact that they screwed up and I'm sure other people are going to buy them so, they are getting screwed too.
                          Sorry, I had to get it off my chest.
                          If you feel these are not what they are advertised to be on Ebay then I would tell the seller I wanted my money back and that I expected the seller to pay return shipping. If the seller won't do anything then I'd get ahold of Ebay and they will probably make this seller refund your money and return shipping even if the seller states in his listing "No Returns". This is one of the reasons I really like buying from Ebay, they almost always stand behind the buyers.
                          TODAY IS A GOOD DAY...TO HAVE A GOOD DAY...Genny

Comment

I will be very nice but, If I'm not getting anywhere with that, then I will make a huge to do about it. I guess that's what happened. I do like the fabric though

Lori

Comment

Joe keeps saying that they were only $12.50 and to let it go. His feedback is 100% and doesn't want that to change. I told him it's not the money. Barb, I am furious with him, he says look at it as a credit card. When you pay your bills on time, your credit stays excellent and when you don't pay your bills, your credit isn't worth dirt. He said, he likes his credit A+ with everything. I agree, but it's freaken Ebay. IDIOT!!! Can you tell how mad I am?????

Lori

Comment

Working...
                              X