New zipper quilt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New zipper quilt

Okay so I got so excited about the new video that I started cutting and sewing last night. I used the hint on here about not cutting the charms first but I also just chain pieced them on a long strip, then cut between and cut in half. I started sewing in twos and here's where I made my mistake. Jenny has hers consistent on starting with the square in the upper right quarter. About half mine are this way so I could do 2 rows this way and 2 rows that start with it on the left or I could take half of these apart. Do you think it will look okay the way it is? Hope this makes sense and you can see the pic
    Attached Files
    Vernona:icon_hi:

Re: New zipper quilt

You are busy I like it a lot.

Comment

Can't you just reverse the panel with the small squares on the wrong side so the small block is in the upper right, and if necessary, remove one rectangle strip at the top or the bottom so they're all lined up going the same way? The pattern is not going to be consistent if they're laid out differently.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharyn J View Post
        Can't you just reverse the panel with the small squares on the wrong side so the small block is in the upper right, and if necessary, remove one rectangle strip at the top or the bottom so they're all lined up going the same way? The pattern is not going to be consistent if they're laid out differently.
        Once they're sewn into pairs they can't be changed. I would have to rip out half of the pairs. I should have laid them out before I sewed so many. Oh, thanks. I think I finally figured it out. I have a few not sewn together yet. So if I put one at the top of the pairs to make 3 then they will be the same.
        Last edited by vchale; February 8, 2014, 01:36 PM.
        Vernona:icon_hi:

Comment

Yes, that's what I was trying to say. Remove one and I should have added "or add one." Glad it worked out for you. It's an adorable pattern and I have it on my wish list. Your quilt is going to be a winner. Please post a pic when you're done.

Comment

one the shown in the video -- there is sashing in between the rows -- I'm glad you posted this -- I was going to start this pattern this week . . what I would do is -- do one vertical row then sash it then start the 2nd row - where the beginning block would be the opposite from the 1st block in the 1st row . . .I hope that makes sense
            2015 is here
            Be Bold and Bravely put one foot in front of the other :)

Comment

I must be totally unobservant, but I don't see the problem... I think it looks great....

Sandy from Cincinnati

AKA Kermit

Comment

Wow you are fast in sewing. I think I would try to add one to the top and take one away from the bottom if that would work. Thanks for helping us see what could be a problem when we start to quilt. I can't wait to see your finished zipper quilt

Comment

Working...
                X