Grace SR-2 frame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grace SR-2 frame

I recently purchased a Janome 6600 and have started quilting. I was looking at this frame and wanted to know if anyone had this and your opinions...thanks for any help you can give this beginner.

Re: Grace SR-2 frame

This looks like a new concept using only 2 rails. You clip the sandwich onto the front bar instead of pinning the layers on. Sounds easy! Since the machine pictured on the ad looks like a Janome 1600 or 6600, I'd say the two would work together. I have a Grace Inspira frame, it has more supports underneath, but I have a longarm machine on it, which is much heavier. You can only make the SR-2 big enough for queen quilts. Will that work for you? Good luck! Many people begin their long arming career with a set up such as this.

One thing to think about ( I thought about this for over a year!). If your 6600 is your only machine, you will tie it up on the quilt frame while you are quilting. You won't be able to take the machine off until the quilt is finished. This seemed problematic to me, and that's why I went to a dedicated longarm. Or you can get a Janome 1600 or other straight stitch machine to put on the frame ( Juki, Pfaff, BabyLock all have them), and dedicate the frame and machine to quilting only. I think our member A1angiem did this, and she has produced some amazing quilts.

Comment

Originally posted by Memejudy View Post
      I recently purchased a Janome 6600 and have started quilting. I was looking at this frame and wanted to know if anyone had this and your opinions...thanks for any help you can give this beginner.
      I don't know if you've priced this or not but Ken's Sewing Center has them for $699.95.
      TODAY IS A GOOD DAY...TO HAVE A GOOD DAY...Genny

Comment

I was looking at Allbrands in Louisiana and it's $699. I just hated to make the purchase without checking to see if anyone had it or liked it...thanks for helping me.

Comment

Thank you Genny, I ended up ordering from Ken's, saved lots of $$$ with free shipping and no tax! can't wait for it to get here!

Comment

I have a four rail Grace frame that I've had for many years now. I do love it, and would never complete a quilt if I didn't have it. I am sure you will love the one you bought. I have the King size, but only have it set up for the queen because of space. The extensions are in storage.
            Joyce "She who dies with the most fabric wins!!"

Comment

Working...
            X