Three Dudes jelly roll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Three Dudes jelly roll

Help The top to my jelly roll quilt is out of shape. Bias problem i'm sure. Any ideas to correct it?

Re: Three Dudes jelly roll

I think just make the blocks and square them all off to the smallest size you have. This was my least favorite block. But it can still be saved.
    Last edited by Hulamoon; February 6, 2014, 10:45 PM.
    🌺 Lorie

Comment

Be careful when you press them open. Use Best Press and don't slide your iron, press then lift and move the iron. The blocks can get wonky from pressing. Let them dry well before using them.

Comment

If you have not quilted it and it is just the top, you and another person can take the quilt and pick it up at opposite corners and pull. Then pull the other set of corners. Then iron and pull again. This is what the ladies at the store recommended and it worked when my jelly roll quilt was not square.

Comment

Thanks so much. I have put the border on already but I'll try it. Too bad we weren't warned. I guess I should have realized it sooner

Comment

I know this won't help now, but next time, do a stay stitch about 1/8" from edge of block all the way around.

Also, the stretchy piece/block is on the bottom when stitching so the feed dogs can help take up the extra.

Sometimes they stretch even when not on a bias. I just finished a flannel quilt for DH and it was cut on the straight of grain and I still had trouble with stretching. Sometimes you just have to pin a lot and square up a lot.
            Vonnie

Comment

Originally posted by Simply Quilting View Post
              If you have not quilted it and it is just the top, you and another person can take the quilt and pick it up at opposite corners and pull. Then pull the other set of corners. Then iron and pull again. This is what the ladies at the store recommended and it worked when my jelly roll quilt was not square.
              Had not heard of this - thanks!
              Vonnie

Comment

Working...
              X