Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for suggestions for this fabric...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for suggestions for this fabric...

Ok,
    So I had a bit of time to cut squares today Since I'm really a beginner to much of this, I figured that I would use some leftover fabric from my memo boards and put something together - before I cut into the beautiful pre-cuts that I now am the proud owner of (ouch... horrible grammar but oh well).
    I cut 8 inch squares out of this fabric and I am looking for suggestions for patterns, layout, anything! I could also use these like a layer cake and create some cool blocks that way as well. Here is the breakdown...
    White solid - 10 squares
    yellow solid - 10 squares
    florals - 6 squares of each floral
    chevron - 4 squares
    blocks.jpg

Thanks in advance - Norma

Re: Looking for suggestions for this fabric...

I made half square triangles patterns for my first umpteen quilts. You can do so many designs with half square triangles! And they are so easy to make with 8" squares.

Comment

Originally posted by Jean Sewing Machine View Post
      I made half square triangles patterns for my first umpteen quilts. You can do so many designs with half square triangles! And they are so easy to make with 8" squares.
      That may be the safest bet at this point... and the least frustrating.

Comment

carpenters star is made with HST's.... just a thought and it would look great with those fabrics...especially with a light blue background,,,, that is blue on my monitor ?
        :icon_wave::icon_woohoo:Kellie:icon_hi:

Comment

Originally posted by kelliedi View Post
          ,,,, that is blue on my monitor ?
          It's actually grey blacks, yellows, greys, and white. I will check out the carpenter's star... thanks.

Comment

I was messing around with the blocks last night - simple but cute! I still may end up making HST's though. I think I'm going to put the chevron blocks aside for another project; we'll see...
            layout.jpg

Comment

Working...
            X