Ruffles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ruffles

Does anyone have any bright ideas for using up the bags of lace that I've been "blessed" with? LOL.. I was thinking pillows, with all the different types stitched side by side, vertically.. but how about an idea for something in a quilt... some of you gals come up with the best ideas.. and my brain is stuck on this one..B
    "Each day well-lived and Happy;
    that's all there is to Life!"

Re: Ruffles

If you have pre-gathered lace, how about twirling some up to make roses to embellish a quilt or pillow. I would use the same technique as using ribbon to make roses minus the hot glue and take a few stitches to hold them together.
    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

In one of the snap bag tutes there was a bag with ruffles. It was cute for little girls.
      🌺 Lorie

Comment

If you have wide, flat lace it might work to overlay it on a solid strip of fabric in a quilt.
        K is for Karen 😊​..................
        Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
        T - is it TRUE?
        H - is it HELPFUL?
        I - is it INSPIRING?
        N - is it NECESSARY?
        K - is it KIND?

Comment

This is made with ruffles, not lace...but you might be able to do something similar with pretty lace pieces.

DSC_0004.jpg

Comment

I like Bubby's idea, swirley flowers sound very springy, and we could use that right now!

Comment

you could make a crazy quilt with lace overlays and ruffles. Ruffled lace can always be unruffled and used flat.
              https://www.google.com/search?q=craz...w=1241&bih=584
              sigpic:icon_hug: Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
              Time spent with cats is never wasted.
              Sigmund Freud

Comment

I've seen strips of lace used as the frothy waters edge in seascape landscape quilts. Looks real.
                ;)Nancy

I got a sewing machine for my husband. Good trade, huh!?!

Comment

Originally posted by Iris Girl View Post
                  you could make a crazy quilt with lace overlays and ruffles. Ruffled lace can always be unruffled and used flat.
                  https://www.google.com/search?q=craz...w=1241&bih=584
                  As soon as I read lace and quilts I also thought of Crazy Quilts! LOL

Eleanor Burns has a pattern where she makes hearts and surrounds it with lace. I can't remember which pattern book - It might be Quilting Through the Seasons. It would make a pretty girly quilt.

Edited to add in this picture of the Valentine Heart with Lace: My Crazy Valentine on Vimeo
                  Last edited by Vonnie; February 5, 2014, 05:44 AM.
                  Vonnie

Comment

THANK YOU ALL so much... you've got the juices flowing!!! Now to just wash it all up... I kid you not i'll bet I have at least 100yds of the stuff in all shades of white,,,and different styles... this inspires me to finish up the quilts I'm working on and tackle the stuff!!
                    "Each day well-lived and Happy;
                    that's all there is to Life!"

Comment

Working...
                    X