Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm a NEWBIE on quilting, and I need HELP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sharyn J
    replied
    Re: I'm a NEWBIE on quilting, and I need HELP!

Oh, the butterfly quilt is awesome! I just saw this one on Pinterest and it's so cute. Pinterest has lots of cute ideas. I have a box full of handerchiefs from mom and grandmas and they all have hand crocheted edges. Maybe some day I'll do something with them.
    Deerecountry Quilts : Handkerchief Quilt at the Fair

Leave a comment:

• Jess1377
    replied

That butterfly quilt will be beautiful! Here is a google image search to browse through too

https://www.google.com/search?q=hand...AUoAg#imgdii=_

Leave a comment:

• EvaMay
    replied

I got the print out for this Handkerchiefs Butterfly Quilt .. Thanks, I think, I might be able to handle this for my starter quilt to fame, heheheeee! I told my son, I got help from you gals here and I'm on my way to getting this going finally..

Leave a comment:

• quiltingtrish
    replied

I would just type into Google Hankie Quilt or perhaps Pinterest if you do that - bet a bunch of ideas would pop up. I do love the butterflies and also have seen some dresdens made out of them. Good luck and be sure to let us know what you come up with.

Hugs,

Leave a comment:

• GrammaBabs
    replied

Eva... there are no "mistakes"... they are "creative opportunities.. and the older machines are the best.. if you can thread it with ease and it stitches well,, and the tension is ok... your Golden.. have fun and keep us up to date.. B
    Originally posted by EvaMay View Post
    I"m going with... ONLY HAPPY MISTAKES.... Thank You!!

Leave a comment:

• oldsewer
    replied

I've seen patterns using the hankies for a basket pattern. Fold the hanky into a triangle shape(flat side up), add a triangle of fabric on the bottom of each side for the bottom of the basket, and a curved handle out of the fabric. There are patterns available, I'm sorry I cannot remember the publisher, etc. I am not going to cut my old family ones up; once they are cut they are destroyed. I have some new ones to practice with, then I will move on to the old ones. I haven't tried mine yet , so I cannot be of any help to you. Good luck. oldsewer

Leave a comment:

• EvaMay
    replied

I"m going with... ONLY HAPPY MISTAKES.... Thank You!!

Leave a comment:

• EvaMay
    replied

Thank You for your in-put, I will be checking this out also....

Leave a comment:

• EvaMay
    replied

Wow, Thank You Iris Girl.... It say's easy... I will be finding out.. I will keep everyone that has replied up-dated... I have an old sewing machine, but I've seen beautiful work done on worst machines then mine..

Leave a comment:

• Hulamoon
    replied

Originally posted by Iris Girl View Post
    Mother's Handkerchiefs - Handkerchief Quilt Pattern

This one is very nice! would love to see what you come up with
    Wow that is beautiful and already perfect!

Eva May I think because they are thin and need that backing the only one besides the one shown I can think of is a Dresden. I wish I was quilting when I had all my grandmothers aprons.

Leave a comment:

• soul60s
    replied

Originally posted by Iris Girl View Post

Thats is a beautiful quilt. I didn't see that coming. I thought just sewing them together but the butterflies are an amazing way to display them. Now I wish I had some.

Leave a comment:

• Iris Girl
    replied

Leave a comment:

• EvaMay
    started a topic I'm a NEWBIE on quilting, and I need HELP!

I'm a NEWBIE on quilting, and I need HELP!

I want to make a quilt using all my mom's hankies... I've been wanting to do this for years, an I've decided it is time in doing so...

So, were do I start, meaning I have no clue were to start in finding the right book, magazine whatever it is I need. I got lots of hankies of ever shape an size...

I've been watching the Missouri Star tutorial's , an now I'm wanting to get going on this project...

Thanks if there is help to be had..

Eva May
Working...
X