How to use t-shirt with cut in a quilt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to use t-shirt with cut in a quilt

I am finally getting brave enough to jump in to making t-shirt quilts for my girls. However as I am cutting the shirts into blocks, there are a few that have had "v" cuts made in the neck to make it bigger when they were worn for practices. This v does come down into the design area so I can't just cut below it. To go ahead and use them, is there anyway I can repair this like maybe taking a piece of the same shirt and fusing it into the "v"? or something else that I can do. A couple of them are shirts we really don't want to do the quilt without using.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Re: How to use t-shirt with cut in a quilt

The tshirts are stretchy so I would just pull them together and stitch it up. Then once you sandwich and quilt, it should be good.
    Karen
    Life is short - Live everyday to the fullest

Comment

I can just picture this because my girls cut up their shirts too. So it's probably curling, right? I would put in a small wedge with some fusible and just do a straight stitch so I doesn't show so much. A zig-zag might make it show too much. maybe practice on a scrap. I wish I would of saved shirts, but most of them were to stained up to use. lol
      🌺 Lorie

Comment

You could make a feature of the v,s .. Put a patch of coloured fabric in the v and then cut the square out ? It would make some pretty little quilting squares ..
        Its always nice to be important
        But its more important to be nice !
        :icon_wave:
        Tell someone you love them each and every day

Comment

Working...
        X