Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Question......( trying to economize thismonth ! )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Question......( trying to economize thismonth ! )

I thought about making the Dresden, Lattice Quilt, or the Flower Garden, but not sure.....(??) which one of the three I should try. I am also trying to economize .....so, that being said, which one of the above mentioned quilts would be cheaper to make ( as far as purchasing the Front Porch Charm Packs ? ( I was thinking either the Dresden or the Flower Garden would be cheaper, but thought I would ask the "experts" here first, prior to placing an order !! )

I also need to mention I am a beginner quilter, BUT have made several of the blocks that the tutorials feature, and haven't had too much trouble with anything I have tackled.....so far ! I really like the 3 quilt designs I mentioned above.

I have purchased so much fabric these last 2-3 months that I really need to back off, but want to get this Front Porch fabric ( charm packs ) before they are gone!

Would appreciate any information anyone would care to provide !
    Thanks so much !
    Last edited by redcaboose1717; February 3, 2014, 09:06 PM.
    Jacqueline ( Sugar ) Dorer-Russell
    http:\\www.sugarssmilinpapercrafts.BlogSpot.com

"I miss the me I was when you were here"

Re: A Question......( trying to economize thismonth ! )

I think the dresden would be pretty with these fabrics. The lattice would look nice too.
    Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
    sigpic

Comment

Marilyn,
      I think because it probably would be a little cheaper to do the Dresden with the Front Porch Charm Packs, this may be what I really want to do....and I must confess, I LOVE the look of the Dresden Quilt !!

Is there any info out as to how many Charm Packs I would need to make a Queen Size Dresden Quilt ? Seems like I heard something like this .....maybe in the Dresden tutorial, think I will check it out.....
      Last edited by redcaboose1717; February 4, 2014, 04:53 AM.
      Jacqueline ( Sugar ) Dorer-Russell
      http:\\www.sugarssmilinpapercrafts.BlogSpot.com

"I miss the me I was when you were here"

Comment

I am thinking I heard the answer to how many charms it takes to make a queen is around 5..charm packs. But I would get an extra one just in case. Then it is 3 yards for borders and 3 for sashing. If wrong, please correct me .. Otherwise I'll be hoarding more fabric.... for my Just in Case collection.
        Judy

Click HERE to find me and My imagination
        :icon_wave:

Comment

If you are looking for easy, I'd say Flower Garden. Then Lattice, which is charms and a background fabric or honeybun. I think the Dresden would cost the most, since you overlay your Dresden plates on background fabric. To me, the Dresden is the most challenging because it involved piecing and applique. IMHO.

Comment

Working...
          X