Wishes Quilt Along

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wishes Quilt Along

I am participating in the Fat Quarter Shop's Wishes Quilt Along. Block #2 looks like allot of small pieces to get basically a Jenny's Dissappearing pinwheel.... PDF instructions : http://www.fatquartershop.com/media/...-2-Pattern.pdf .
    I'm guessing if I start with a 7" square for Jenny's pinwheels, I can cut like Jenny's disappearing pinwheel. Then Square down to 7 1/2 square?
    I am quilt block sizing disabled, anyone have suggestions?
    Have a Sewonderful Day,
    Mary T.

Re: Wishes Quilt Along

I too am doing this project. I wondered the same thing and then I decided that since I ordered the kit, I better follow their directions because I don't have extra fabric to play with. I love this fabric.
    Diane Gulick
    Proud Grandma of 7 grandchildren and wife to the most wonderful husband ever.

Comment

I think I will just experiment with some ugly scrap fabric. I did not get the kit but chose simalar fabrics from fat quarter stash. Good luck! Don't forget to post your blocks on the flicker page!
      Have a Sewonderful Day,
      Mary T.

Comment

That looks like Eleanor Burns Double Pinwheel. Her way of making it is a lot easier. She uses 2 1/2" strips and you would be surprised at how easy it is.

http://vimeo.com/26135741
        Vonnie

Comment

Here's an even easier way: One Stitch at a Time: Just figured out 2 things today!!
          Vonnie

Comment

Brilliant, Vonnie. Thanks for posting that.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheena View Post
              Brilliant, Vonnie. Thanks for posting that.
              You're welcome. I have done it the Eleanor Burns way but after seeing that one from One Stitch, I have to try it. Of course, Eleanor Burns way you are not working with bias where as the second one you have to be careful of the bias.
              Vonnie

Comment

Working...
              X