SKIPPED STITCHES

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SKIPPED STITCHES

I am using a decorative stitch around my quilt and for some reason it is skipping stitches. I have changed needles, rethreaded my machine lower and upper, changed my tension and changed my length, what could it be? does anyone have any suggestions. I know I could be the thread but it is to late for me to find new thread for this queen size quilt. Mahalo
    sigpicHawaiigrammi

Re: SKIPPED STITCHES

I have noticed when I am using a decorative stitch that the least little tug on the quilt will cause it to skip. Might be your problem too...just a thought.
    LIVE well, LAUGH often, LOVE much

Hugs, Pat

Comment

hmm ill try that thanks
      sigpicHawaiigrammi

Comment

Could it be a problem of the fabric itself? I tried a decorative stitch on flannel and the fabric refused to move correctly so I ended up just having to go with a straight stitch.

I did have trouble with thread not working write. The problem I had was the thread was hand quilting thread and the machine did not like it.

Comment

Sometimes the decorative stitches just don't want to work on a quilt sandwich.
          K is for Karen 😊​..................
          Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
          T - is it TRUE?
          H - is it HELPFUL?
          I - is it INSPIRING?
          N - is it NECESSARY?
          K - is it KIND?

Comment

Check with your manual to see if you have the right size needle. I was skipping stitches on a purse handle and checked my manual and I did not have the right size needle in. Changed needles and no more skipped stitches.
            Vonnie

Comment

The fabric cotton/poly, I am wondering if its the thread?
              Originally posted by Simply Quilting View Post
              Could it be a problem of the fabric itself? I tried a decorative stitch on flannel and the fabric refused to move correctly so I ended up just having to go with a straight stitch.

I did have trouble with thread not working write. The problem I had was the thread was hand quilting thread and the machine did not like it.
              sigpicHawaiigrammi

Comment

thanks for the help
                sigpicHawaiigrammi

Comment

Working...
                X