How much fabric do I need

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much fabric do I need

I am hoping one of you math wizards can help.

I want to make the Jacob's Ladder Remix quilt in a king size. Can anyone figure out how much fabric I need? I would like to order some fabric today while the shipping is FREE!

I will be ordering yardage, not charm packs.

Re: How much fabric do I need

There is approximately 9 yards of fabric in a King Size quilt before borders. So, depending on how many colors you are using divide it into that and maybe buy some extra. The last King Size I made I used 3 Layer cakes, plus some yardage. So, I'm pretty sure about how much it is.

Also, when I make a King Size Trip Around the World, I use 9 one yard cuts for the top. 1.5 yards for inner border, and 2.5 for outer border.
    Last edited by kensington; January 31, 2014, 11:45 PM.

Comment

I don't know about a king size, but Jenny said for a 66x72" quilt she used 2 yards of each color. My guess, since I just made one, I would go with 4 yards each plus fabric for you border.
      :icon_hiya: Coleen

"I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good I can do, or any kindness I can show, let me do now, for I will not pass through this way again."

Comment

Thank you Coleen and Kensington. I went ahead and bought six yards of yellow to be safe. I figured if I had extra I would use it for the binding, and perhaps for part of the backing. I want an off white for the other color, but I think I will buy that at my LQS after I get my order from MSQC. I don't want to buy a white with too much yellow in it, but I also don't want a pure white.

Comment

Working...
        X