Quick question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick question

Hey Night Owls - Tell me again.... If I'm easing fabric, do I put the longer piece on the bottom or on the top? I can never remember. Thanks! (I'm sitting here waiting for the plow to clean my driveway so I can get the car off the street so it won't get towed during the night. The plow is VERY VERY late - not sure why but I can hear it coming. We had 6.25 inches of snow in less than 7 hours and now it is getting very cold again (As in at least -10*). Maybe they had a problem with the plow. Tomorrow I want to get back to quilting but I can't remember which way it goes. If I had more time to quilt maybe I'd remember some of these basics. Life interrupts life. Woo Hoo the plow is here!

Re: Quick question

Bottom, the feed dogs will pull it a bit more.
    K is for Karen 😊​..................
    Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
    T - is it TRUE?
    H - is it HELPFUL?
    I - is it INSPIRING?
    N - is it NECESSARY?
    K - is it KIND?

Comment

Put the longer strip on the bottom - the feed dogs will ease in the extra.

Wow, lots of snow quickly! We are supposed to get 5 -7 inches tomorrow night and long range forecasts show an additional 6 -12 inches on Tuesday. It finally warmed up a bit here today - we made it above freezing for the first time in a long time - we hit 35*
      Lisa

M*QC forum is full of the best people!

I'm not just buying fabric, I am supporting the economy...

A bad day in the sewing room is better than a good day at the office.

Comment

Here is what I was taught to remember this = BAGGY BOTTOMS!!
        pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

OFF TOPIC
          I must say ladies, I am a little jealous of your snow issues. While I do love our sunshine out here, wnough is enough. We are in such a severe drought! They will be rationing water soon. We live in a farming area and we are in BIG trouble out here. Too bad we can't spread out and share, I will give you my 70 plus degree weather for a week and take your snow, how does that sound?
          Good luck with your project Lilly!
          Dayna

Comment

Originally posted by Dayna View Post
            OFF TOPICToo bad we can't spread out and share, I will give you my 70 plus degree weather for a week and take your snow, how does that sound?
            I'll trade!
            Lisa

M*QC forum is full of the best people!

I'm not just buying fabric, I am supporting the economy...

A bad day in the sewing room is better than a good day at the office.

Comment

Thanks everyone! Maybe the "Baggy Bottoms" will finally help it stick - if I tack it up over my sewing machine. Thanks Bubba. And Danya - lets do it! I know some good farmers in CA (Bunny Lettuce) - guess I should have been praying for them.

Comment

You have your answer so I'll just say Hi Lilly!!!
                ~Kathy~

Comment

OFF TOPIC
                  I must say ladies, I am a little jealous of your snow issues. While I do love our sunshine out here, wnough is enough. We are in such a severe drought! They will be rationing water soon. We live in a farming area and we are in BIG trouble out here. Too bad we can't spread out and share, I will give you my 70 plus degree weather for a week and take your snow, how does that sound?
                  Still off topic...
                  I agree, we need rain here in California. Where I live in LA we are subject to the tyranny of the LADWP.. They will ration water & when everyone complies & saves water they will raise the rates cuz they aren't making enough money... We just can't win
                  Really wish you all could send some of that wet stuff our way
                  May the road rise up to meet you...
                  May the wind be always at your back...
                  May you be in Heaven a half hour before the Devil knows you're dead...
                  Patt :icon_wave:

Comment

Bottom. The way I remember - my dogs eat the fabric.

Comment

Still off topic again..........

Hi Lilly!

I was thinking of you other day when I was looking at some of my fat quarters and yours that you set me for the Book Club swap was there and you said that it reminded you of spring. I was thrilled when our weather forecast for the weekend was rain and not snow.

Hope you girls in Ca get some rain soon because I know it will effect everyone at the grocery store eventually too.

Thanks Bubba I think baggy bottom will be a great reminder.

Comment

O yeah Kat 2. I think I should get out that material and dream a little bit. BK - hi back! Pandabear - I thought you were telling me about your dogs! I was rather puzzled LOL- but now I don't think I will ever forget.
                        And as we all say too often lately - stay safe all of you who are getting the bad storms today!

Comment

Baggy bottom. -35 here in Winnipeg, manitoba canada. 31 below Fahrenheit.

Comment

OFF TOPIC
                            I am from Minnesota and will gladly give you this snow for a week, maybe two, in exchange for some nice weather.
                            :icon_wave:Lisa

Comment

Working...
                            X