I wish I had these patterns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wish I had these patterns

I love these patterns so much. I wish I had the patterns to make them. Free if possible, I don't know how they are going to come out.
    Good friends are like quilts, they age with you but, never lose their warmth

Lori

Re: I wish I had these patterns

The one on the right is called Easy Pinwheels. Jenny has a tutorial on how to make them. Someone else will have to help you on the other.
    :icon_hiya: Coleen

"I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good I can do, or any kindness I can show, let me do now, for I will not pass through this way again."

Comment

Thank you for answering so quickly. I know how to make the pinwheels but, I need the pattern for how many to make and across and down. Also the size of the border.
      As far as the other one, I know how to do the dresden plate, I need some other information on it. I love that Pinwheel quilt and I love the dresden plate, even if I could just make a table topper from the dresden. I would like to make one for each holiday

Lori

Comment

The pinwheels one is quite easy to do. If you use a charm pack each pinwheel will measure about 5 1/2" but I'll work out what it should be.

Comment

Yes, 5 1/2 ". I just made one out of paper.

So, if you've got 42 charms and therefore 42 pinwheels, that's a 6 blocks x 7 block quilt.

This will measure 33" x 38.5" which might be a bit small. So you might want to add a 5" border to make it 43 x 48.5 which is a better size.

Another way to make it larger would be to use the pinwheels in a D9P. Put the pinwheels in the 4 corners of the nine patch and the other 5 patches should be plain colours. P1012832.JPG

Edit: for this quilt I only had a little bit of the dark fabric I used for the pinwheels so I think I just put pinwheels in diagonally opposite positions in the D9P. And a square of dark fabric inthe centre of each D9P.
          Last edited by Sheena; January 30, 2014, 03:21 AM.

Comment

Would you like me to write it out and post it to you? Did you get the other one? It was only supposed to take 5 days to get to you.

Comment

Personal experience.....if you use a layer cake to make pin wheels then come out to be about 13". Learned the hard way.

That Dresden is really pretty. I wouldn't mind that as a table topper either.

Comment

The dresden topper is easy. If you make dresdens already the hard part is done. Just applique it to a larger then it is hexie and add a border. I love looking at pinterest and seeing what to make next , no patterns needed wing from my head and get pretty good or close enough for me.
                sigpic:icon_hug: Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
                Time spent with cats is never wasted.
                Sigmund Freud

Comment

Originally posted by Iris Girl View Post
                  The dresden topper is easy. If you make dresdens already the hard part is done. Just applique it to a larger then it is hexie and add a border. I love looking at pinterest and seeing what to make next , no patterns needed wing from my head and get pretty good or close enough for me.
                  I wondered if that was a half hexie around the Dresden plate. I'm not good at identifying the shapes yet. Woo! I got one right!

Comment

I am almost done with a pinwheel baby quilt. I used what I had left of a charm pack and some other fabric. Then I added a 4" border and it is about 42 x 42".

Comment

Thank you all for helping me figure out the patterns. I think they are so pretty. I would love to make that dresden plate for every holiday and one for summer and fall. Can you tell how much I love the dresden plate.

Lori

Comment

Originally posted by Pandabear View Post
                        Personal experience.....if you use a layer cake to make pin wheels then come out to be about 13". Learned the hard way.

That Dresden is really pretty. I wouldn't mind that as a table topper either.
                        If a layer cake is 10", how does a pinwheel come out to 13"? Is that with a 1 1/2" border? I have never made one so I don't know.
                        Hugs,
                        Joanne

There are no mistakes, only happy accidents. - Bob Ross

A girl needs to surround herself with TONS of happiness.
                        Happiness = fabric!:icon_woohoo:

Comment

Originally posted by soul60s View Post
                          If a layer cake is 10", how does a pinwheel come out to 13"? Is that with a 1 1/2" border? I have never made one so I don't know.
                          You are sewing more than one layer cake piece together to make the pinwheel so it is going to come out bigger than the 10", and that does not included a border.
                          K is for Karen 😊​..................
                          Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
                          T - is it TRUE?
                          H - is it HELPFUL?
                          I - is it INSPIRING?
                          N - is it NECESSARY?
                          K - is it KIND?

Comment

Originally posted by K. McEuen View Post
                            You are sewing more than one layer cake piece together to make the pinwheel so it is going to come out bigger than the 10", and that does not included a border.
                            I think I am going to have to try to make one to understand. I have only bought jelly rolls and charm packs. I am trying to decide on my next quilt. So much harder than I thought. I was thinking about the Attic Windows pattern. Seemed simple enough. http://www.pellonprojects.com/projec...windows-quilt/

The only thing that is bothering is the placement of the lights and darks. I can't seem to see where the light source is coming from. The first row has light on top and the second has dark on top. What am I not seeing?

Edit: Opps. I see it now. It was my monitor.
                            Last edited by soul60s; January 30, 2014, 01:12 PM.
                            Hugs,
                            Joanne

There are no mistakes, only happy accidents. - Bob Ross

A girl needs to surround herself with TONS of happiness.
                            Happiness = fabric!:icon_woohoo:

Comment

Working...
                            X