X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ckmk
    replied
    Re: Sashing question-Square in a Square Quilt

Thank you. I wanted to make sure I before I actually got started, and I appreciate your help very much.
    Karen

Leave a comment:

• Sharyn J
    replied

Here's another way of doing sashing by the block.
    Adding Sashing The Easy Way

Leave a comment:

• Sharyn J
    replied

No, you would add your sashing onto the sides of the blocks all the way across one row. Then add your vertical sashing on top of the quilt and attach. Jenny's tip to line up the sashing so they're all straight is a good tip. She did not use pins, but I would suggest that you do.

If you have any trouble getting the vertical sashing lines to match, then try basting the intersections ONLY with a long stitch length. Use a 3.5 or more and just baste each join and do not sew the rest of the strip down. Then you can quickly check and remove any basting thread and readjust the column if necessary. Once all the intersections are lined up nicely, then you can go back and stitch the whole long sashing across. This method works great, especially on bigger sashing widths. You may not have any trouble with the narrow honey bun strips. Good luck!

Leave a comment:

• vchale
    replied

There was another post recently about sashing. Jenny was doing the vertical blocks individually and then joining horizontal rows wth sashing. You can sash each block individually you just have to have your layout done to determine which side left or right and top or bottom needs to be done. Then join blocks together, just be careful to watch your placement so you don't end up with double sashing. I recently did an on point block this way and it worked fine. Of course, if you do it Jenny's way you won't have as many seams to deal with.

Leave a comment:

• starlover
    replied

Do a whole row of blocks at a time. I guess you'll have to join sashing strips together to make them long enough. She only used 4 blocks to save video time.

Leave a comment:

• Ckmk
    started a topic Sashing question-Square in a Square Quilt

Sashing question-Square in a Square Quilt

Hi,
    I am ready to add the sashing to my Square in a Square blocks and would like to know if I should do 4 blocks at a time as shown in the video. I'm not sure if it was done like that due to the tutorial time restraint or if it is the correct way to add the sashing using the honey bun strips.
    Any help you can offer will be appreciated!
    Thanks.
    Karen
Working...
X