Honey Bun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honey Bun

Anyone know how much total fabric is on a honey bun roll? New to quilting and I don't have a clue how to figure that up. Any help appreciated. Thanks.

Re: Honey Bun

That will depend on several things:
    1. How many strips are in the Bun.
    2. Are they WOF (Width of Fabric about 42" of usable fabric)
    3. Do you want that figured with or without the seams? (1.5" w/o or 1" sewn together on both sides)

Number of Strips X Width of Strip (seams or no) measurement = # of inches รท by 36 = yardage

Most are WOF but some "JellyRolls" are only half strips. Watch the tags on the bundles!

Double check the selvedge edges. Some are wider than others, and that can mess with tight measurements.
    Happy Quilting!
    Be who you are and say what you feel
    because those who mind don't matter,
    and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

Honey buns are 1 1/2" and there are usually 42 of them so that would be 63" or 1 3/4 yd but you are going to loose 1/2 " every time you sew 2 strips together so it is not the same as actually buying 1 3/4 yds. of fabric.

Comment

Thank you soooo much. It is a Kona white honey bun, measures 1.5"x 44 strips. If i figured right it would be 1.67 yards. When I look at it this way I see it costs a whole lot more for a honey bun than to buy fabric and cut it myself. My pattern calls for 1.5" wide strips (seam added in measurement). I was thinking easier (I work full time night shift-doesn't leave much time) but not so sure now. I need a total of 2 3/8 yard. Think I will just but the fabric but I thank you again for helping me. Happy quilting.

Comment

Working...
        X