Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Irish chain, single or double?

double irish chain 1.jpg double irish chain 2.jpg

this is my double irish chain. a pic of each block. one is a 25 patch??? and the other has sashing around it with corner stones. This one is only half hand quilted. I need to get back at it and finish hand quilting it.
    Dolores :lol::icon_heh:

Comment

Originally posted by iluvbaking View Post
      I love the single chain quilt behind Jenny in her tutorial and that's on my wish list. I'm a beginner though and thought I could handle it after looking at the tutorial. In looking at the page posted showing all 3 choices, all I see on the single chain is the 9-patch square. Yet on Jenny's quilt, I see the chain more clearly (which is what I want to see). Hope somebody can tell me whether it's the difference in using one solid color vs. an assortment of prints. Is it just my eyes?
      Jenny's Tutorial
      How to Make an Irish Chain Quilt - YouTube

I believe Jenny's is a nine patch with made with 2 printed jelly rolls, 2 solid jelly rolls and then yardage for the background block. I was watching this tut last night. I think the background block is 6 1/2", the same size as the 9 patch printed come out to be.

I wouldn't think there would be a difference if you wanted to use just one color.

Comment

Originally posted by Doloris View Post
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]66371[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]66372[/ATTACH]

this is my double irish chain. a pic of each block. one is a 25 patch??? and the other has sashing around it with corner stones. This one is only half hand quilted. I need to get back at it and finish hand quilting it.

Nice! I admire the hand quilting also. A 25 patch. You ladies are awesome.

Editing to add: I just ordered a book called Time to Chain. Hopefully it will help me pick a pattern. But I have to say.... I'm leaning toward that triple.
        Last edited by Pandabear; January 25, 2014, 02:34 PM.

Comment

Amy's class is awesome. Se makes it all so easy to do
          Karen
          Life is short - Live everyday to the fullest

Comment

Working...
          X