ironing board cover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ironing board cover

I am remaking my big board ironing board. on my last one I had a layer of warm and natural and a piece of fabric.
    After several years my board is warped and in a U shape. From all the steam, and it is 1/2" plywood. We are going out to buy new plywood and will probably get 3/4". I have some insulbrite and was wondering if anybody used this on their ironing surface and how they layered it. I'm thinking about covering the plywood with aluminum foil and then insulbrite, shiny side up. Should I also add a layer of W&N, and over or under the insulbrite.?
    Dolores :lol::icon_heh:

Re: ironing board cover

I made a board from some leftover plywood. I used the insulbrite and just made a pillowcase looking thing to cover it. It's held up now for a year with no warping.

Comment

I'm thinking that there is a thing called Marine Grade Plywood that has been treated to stand up to water better. It might be worth checking out.
      K is for Karen 😊​..................
      Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
      T - is it TRUE?
      H - is it HELPFUL?
      I - is it INSPIRING?
      N - is it NECESSARY?
      K - is it KIND?

Comment

I just used a piece of MDF shelving 12" X 36" and covered it with 4 layers of an old old old actual flannel sheet and then made a pillowcase type sleeve out of yet another old cottom sheet to cover it all. It works like a charm and I have it set up on the bed right behind my chair and sewing desk. Sew, swivel chair, press.....and then repeat repeat repeat.
        Sometimes I wake up Grumpy!
        Other times I just let HIM sleep.

Lynn

Comment

went out to home depot and got a 24x48" piece of 3/4" birch plywood. Went to J's and got some silver ironing board fabric. Roads were a nightmare. Been snowing and blowing, but I thought the roads would be better. looked like they hadn't been touched. Luckily we have a 4 wheel drive truck, so no almosts. I layered the insulbrite, plastic side down, then the old W&N from the old board, cause it was really flattened out and I wanted something between the heat of the iron and the insulbrite, and then the silver fabric. Seems to be pretty solid with minimal puffiness.
          My old board was about 10" longer, but it seemed to be just a little too big, and they sell 24x48 already cut boards, so more convenient. Not sure how long I had the old board, but maybe 5 yrs, and the cover REALLY needed changing so I figured this was the time to go for it. Hope this one holds up as long or longer than the last one.
          Dolores :lol::icon_heh:

Comment

Working...
          X