How do you keep steady pressure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How do you keep steady pressure

You can get one of those shower grip handles at Walmart, Home Depot, Lowes, Harbor Freight etc. They have suction cups on them and are removeable. They also come in many lengths. There is one that is sold strictly for quilters called Gypsy Gripper. It is a lovely shade of purple but don't come in different lengths and are more pricey. The ones sold at the above mentioned stores are much cheaper!

shower grip bar - Walmart.com

Amazon.com: Gypsy Quilter The Original Gypsy Gripper: Arts, Crafts & Sewing

Not all wounds are so obvious. Walk gently in the lives of others - Unknown Author

No one has ever become poor by giving - Anne Frank

http://www.etsy.com/shop/thequiltedpig

Comment

Oh my goodness I didn't even think of table height. I bet that is a big part of my problem, my little stuff I do on a small table besides my machine, working on these bigger pieces I used the kitchen table which is bar height and I am short and round so that was probably a part of the problem.
      Thank You
      Dayna

Comment

Great idea! Thank you.
        Dayna

Comment

Using the sand paper dots may help you out. I don't use them but know several people do. They keep the ruler from slipping.
          Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
          sigpic

Comment

Thank you for the advise everyone! Tomorrow is payday so I am off to Joanns to get a couple of the items mentioned!! As well as more fabric!
            Dayna

Comment

Working...
            X