Question about precut sizes - charms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about precut sizes - charms

I have been looking at all sorts of sites for fabric. I noticed that Kaffe Fassett charm packs are 4", some etsy charm packs are 6.5" and here at M* the charms are 5". Have you bought any other size charms besides the 5"? Are there patterns for charm packs using the 4" & 6.5"?
    Hugs,
    Joanne

There are no mistakes, only happy accidents. - Bob Ross

A girl needs to surround herself with TONS of happiness.
    Happiness = fabric!:icon_woohoo:

Re: Question about precut sizes - charms

Most of the manufacturers do 5" charms. The only ones that I've run across that were different sized (from the manufacturer) were Ty Pennington and they were cut at 6". Etsy people often cut their own charms, so it all depends on what size they decide to cut. Not seen any 4 inch charms, but really, you could use any of Jenny's tutorials for charm squares as long as it wasn't mixed with another precut, for the odd sized charms.
    K is for Karen 😊​..................
    Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
    T - is it TRUE?
    H - is it HELPFUL?
    I - is it INSPIRING?
    N - is it NECESSARY?
    K - is it KIND?

Comment

The only other place I have seen 'charms' in those sizes would be on e-bay or etsy. The manufacturers standard is 5". I guess though, you could use any pattern that calls for charms. You would just have to adjust the final size, based on the size of the squares you are using.
      Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
      sigpic

Comment

I bought a lot of 4-inch charms on ebay. That's the only place I've seen them. I like the 4-inch size and used them the same way I would 5-inch charms.

Comment

Originally posted by quiltsRfun View Post
          I bought a lot of 4-inch charms on ebay. That's the only place I've seen them. I like the 4-inch size and used them the same way I would 5-inch charms.
          Just looked again. It was ebay that had them. I have been looking at so many sites that they are starting to blur to me.
          Hugs,
          Joanne

Comment

I have some Kaffe Fassett charm packs and I can't use them with other charm packs because they seem to "run small." I am not sure whether it said what size they were when I bought them or not--I just assumed that they were 5" but they really aren't.

sigpic
            Marci

Comment

Originally posted by ozziepuppy View Post
              I have some Kaffe Fassett charm packs and I can't use them with other charm packs because they seem to "run small." I am not sure whether it said what size they were when I bought them or not--I just assumed that they were 5" but they really aren't.
              I saw some at 4" on ebay and I saw some at 5". Love his fabric.
              Hugs,
              Joanne

Comment

Working...
              X