• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Genny
    replied
    Re: 5"x5" square ruler ?????

Originally posted by ilive2craft2 View Post
    I use my June Tailor (or is it Taylor?) ruler and cut 5 inch strips, then turn the ruler and cut again. Easy peasy!

Easy and fast...I love mine!

Leave a comment:

• GinnyKNC
    replied

Love my June Taylor ruler for this and so much more. Quick and easy. I bought my mom one and she loves it too.

Originally posted by madampolo View Post
    I got one when it was the DD, or maybe it was free. I don't remember. It has no markings on it. I think the way to go is to cut strips and then to cut those into squares. If you have the June Tailor Shape Cut ruler, it is a breeze as well as fast and accurate.

Leave a comment:

• Dalronix
    replied

Just shows me how you can buy quilting gear that you don't need at the time and forget you even have it. I was looking through my rulers this morning and was surprised to find I had one of those, unused and still with the sticky paper on it. Checking back through eBay, I bought it last August and had completely forgotten I had it.

Leave a comment:

• DCM
    replied

I have a 5" square template but don't like to use it unless I'm fussy cutting specific things out of a piece of fabric. Otherwise I do what other posts have suggested - cut 5" strips and cut them into 5" squares. It's much faster to do that rather than trying to go all the way around a template for each square.

Leave a comment:

• ozziepuppy
    replied

You could also get Layer Cakes and slice them in quarters.

Leave a comment:

• mommadeb
    replied

I was wondering the same thing. Now we know.

Originally posted by redcaboose1717 View Post
    I would like to know where any of you have purchased a 5"x5" ( 5x 5 inch ) ruler ? The only ruler I could find when I wanted to cut my own charm packs to make a few of those bags Jenny did the tutorial is a 6" x 6 " ruler....and it's a pain to use.....There been more than once that I forgot that it wasn't a five by five inch ruler and cut them 6" x 6"....

Can anyone suggest where to purchase a 5"x 5" inch ruler ( I purchased the 6 " x 6 " inch ruler at Jo-Ann Fabrics ( I used my 40 % coupon to purchase it )

thanks !

Leave a comment:

• Pandabear
    replied

Originally posted by mom4him View Post

You can get it single too. I think I paid about $8 through Amazon.

Leave a comment:

• Kateskloset
    replied

I just cut 5" strips, then cut the strips every 5". Voila, charms! Way easier than trying to cut individual charms.

That is the same thing that I do!

Leave a comment:

• Racing Nana
    replied

I try to use my square rulers in a versatile way.
    I have only a 61/2 X 61/2 and a 12 1/2 X 12 1/2 and 6X12 for strip cutting.
    For cutting smaller squares I use painters tape on the square ruler to define my limits visually. (yes I used to often cut 1/2" too big or OMG 1/2" inch too small).
    With the painters tape I place it top to bottom and side to side (forming an "L" shape) along the 1/8" mark bigger than the size I want to cut.
    I get perfect squares every time and with only using these 2 square rulers I have more money for fabric and other lovely stuff. (which I just spent a fair bit on these past 2 days)

Leave a comment:

• Karena1984
    replied

I have the charm one from here and recently got the accuquilt 5 inch die. Much easier than trying to use a bigger ruler

Leave a comment:

• mom4him
    replied

I found this one but the one from MQC is much cheaper. http://www.amazon.com/Bulk-Buy-Omnig...ords=5x5+ruler

Leave a comment:

• auntiemern
    replied

I have to agree with the shape cut. Fast and easy.

Leave a comment:

• Jean Sewing Machine
    replied

I used mine on those blasted Lovely charms that were too big. Made quick work of trimming them down. I've also used it for fussy cutting charm squares, i do value it as one of my "go-to" tools!

Got it at MSQC, SEE karen's link. As Joyce says, it has no markings on it, I always am losing it among the scraps on my cutting table because it blends in with everything.

Leave a comment:

• TRLSRL72
    replied

I got my 5 x 5 from JoAnn's.

Leave a comment:

• Pandabear
    replied

I got my Omnigrip 5x5 ruler on amazon

Leave a comment:

Working...